The Clock Stops Here...

Thursday, August 22, 2013

TwinLab 'Skin Within': Do you need your daily dose?

TwinLab Skin Within
$29.99 on sale at the Vitamin Shoppe for $18.49 

I have been receiving a lot of information about alternative ways to think about skincare, essentially from the inside out.

Some of the things that have been presented to me are getting celeb buzz, others are things like daily "shots" of liquid concoctions that promise to significantly boost collagen.

When I received an offer to sample TwinLab Skin Within for 30 days,  I felt more comfortable. For starters,  TwinLab  is a respected Vitamin manufacturer whose products I have purchased and have been satisfied with.  Secondly, I know for a fact that certain vitamins and minerals I take do make a difference. Ie.  when I take a daily dose of 500 mg. of magnesium, I am no longer troubled with agonizing foot and leg cramps at night.  As soon as I get lax about taking them, they return.

Why shouldn't a supplement be a viable source of improving skin health?  Here is a bit more about what is in Skin Within and what has been "clinically proven" to improve:


Twinlab Skin Within™ contains astaxanthin, a carotenoid similar in structure to beta carotene that has significant antioxidant activity. Astaxanthin has been clinically tested using diagnostic tools and dermatologists expert observations to significantly reduce fine lines and wrinkles, improve the moisture content of dry skin, and significantly improve skin elasticity.* A daily serving of Skin Within™ delivers 4 mg of astaxanthin, the same serving used in a 6-week human clinical study.
This revolutionary formula also contains coenzyme Q10, which helps to utilize oxygen as part of its important role in cellular energy metabolism.* Research has also shown that CoQ10 functions in a number of other beneficial ways including free radical scavenging.* Levels of CoQ10 naturally decline with age; the addition of this antioxidant to Skin Within™ provides yet another powerful tool in support of healthy skin.*
Skin Within comes in easy to swallow, liquid capsules.  Only one is recommended per day. I finished my 30 tablet bottle the other day. 
So, the big reveal...Could I tell a difference in my skin???
Not specifically...  
How does my skin look???
Dewy and radiant...
Here's the tricky thing...I am always, simultaneously using new and tried and true products and treatments on my skin, so it difficult to pinpoint specific cause and effect.
Here's what I do know, of all the things I do, do for my skin, swallowing a each supplement every morning is the easiest. I see no downside.  
Technically, results are supposed to show at the 6 week mark.  Maybe something remarkable will happen if I take another 14 capsules of Skin Within, or maybe not.
Either way, I'm going to buy them on my own...If Skin Within is contributing to "dewy and radiant", $1 a day is money happily spent...

xo,
DD







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...