The Clock Stops Here...

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Pout Perfector: Laura Mercier's Plumberry Liner

Laura Mercier Plum Berry Lip Liner
$20


Oddly, the most natural lip liner shade is the most elusive to find. There is nothing more dated or unattractive than visible lip liner, particularly when it is darker than the lip color.

I have sketched my way through Sephora dozens of times, in search of a natural, rosy nude. I've even done this in tandem with their sales associates, who always concede that it in fact, not available...not even close.  I leave them both surprised and baffled.

The closest I've ever come to finding my Holy Grail liner is  MAC's Soar.  I do everything in my power to avoid Malls... I have an uncanny ability to lose my car, and always have visions of having to ride shot gun in a scooter with a Security Guard to find it.  That means I have to make a special trip to Bloomingdales.  It's not tragic, but it's also not convenient.

Until now!!!


 Laura Mercier's lip liner was created in 20 shades, but not all are available at retail.  Imagine my delight at discovering that Plum Berry has been added to the selection at Sephora.  It's simply perfect.

I am amazed lately at the sheer number of women who are having their lips blown up with Restylane.  Yes, as we age, our lips lose volume, but what they are replacing it with is not a drop or a tweak, but lips that look like link sausages. I can't imagine how they can possibly think this looks youthful, attractive or natural.

In my opinion, it is more appealing to create more fullness with the help of a 'lip colored' lip liner.  I like to line my outer lips subtly, and then fill in the rest of my lips with a few strokes before applying lipstick and gloss.

I am so pleased with Laura Mercier's Plum Berry.  It's my new pout perfector. Maybe it will be yours too... 

xox,
DD

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree that in order to enhance the look of our lips we need a great lip liner. I will def check this one out. Like the color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm glad to learn about this as I found it impossible to find a natural lip pencil the last time I (along w/the sales associate!)looked. I did end up settling on one but haven't been happy with it.

    *Ouch to Restlylane in the lips!!!

    *I so hear you re avoiding malls at all costs!

    *Really appreciate your product reviews, Debbi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emmy L. and Dawn,
    I think you will be as happy as I am with it!

    I have seen a touch of Restalyne look subtle and pretty, basically when it is mimicking what nature originally intendend. It's the hideously overinflated trout pout that I find unsightly.

    Thanks for commenting!

    xo
    DD

    ReplyDelete
  4. When someone writes an post he/she maintains the idea of a user in his/her mind that how a user can know it.
    So that's why this paragraph is amazing. Thanks!
    Feel free to surf my website - affiliate

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...