The Clock Stops Here...

Saturday, December 29, 2012

DivaDebbi's Best of 2012: The Hall of Fame





It's that time of year again...As usual, I have tried a ton of new products this year and whether I purchased them myself or received them to sample, I have done my best to always tell you the good, the bad and the ugly of their benefits and features.

I wanted to start off my Best of 2012 lists with products that I continue to love and use, and that I feel are peerless, having tried many of their competitors. I purchase them over and over for one reason: They work!

In no particular order, I am never without with links to all:
                              DivaDebbi's 2012 Hall of Fame Beauty Picks

1) La Peau Skincare, Day Cream-Gel, Night Cream-Gel and Eye Contour Cream ($235) I am proud to be La Peau's Brand Ambassador. I am steadfastly loyal to this miracle skincare trio from Switzerland.  These potent lightweight gels penetrate the skin, repairing damage while restoring firmness and elasticity.  From the first week that I tried it, back in October of 2011, I was hooked. Despite receiving dozens of offers from premium, organic and mass skincare brands to sample their complete skincare lines, I always turn them down. Nothing I tried before was more effective and I truly believe nothing after could be.

I am sticking...

2) Lumene Premium Beauty Anti-Wrinkle Serum ($32.99) I am crazy about this lightweight, delicious smelling, velvety serum from Finland. I use it twice a day before moisturizer and my face instantly lights up with a dewy glow. I use it with abandon (always repurchasing with my CVS Beauty Bucks.) This is how I imagine J.Lo probably runs through La Mer. I have tried many other serums, some as much as 5 times the cost of Lumene Premium Beauty Serum.

None better...

3) Bobbi Brown's Long Wear Gel Eyeliner ($22, though don't even consider using it without purchasing her eye liner brush made specifically for this product $25)

Simply the best. Yes, it takes a steady hand and a little finesse, but this deeply pigmented, smooth gel liner defines and lasts like no other.  You can dot it on, and blend it, learn to create a ultra thin line, or glam it up with a thick line, winged up at the corners for a more dramatic look.

I have strayed often and always return...

4) Laura Mercier's Lip Glace in Pink Tulle ($24) When it comes to lip gloss and everything else, I'm fairly picky.  I abhor sticky, overly perfumed glosses and I prefer them to be richly pigmented.  Over the years, I may have tried nearly every lip gloss manufactured. Pink Tulle, a natural rosy nude is always available on Laura Mercier's website.  I made the mistake of tracking it down as far as Japan on EBay, before realizing that just because a color is not offered at retail, doesn't mean  it won't be part of a brands larger offerings on their own website.

Lesson learned...

5) MAC's Lip Pencil in Soar ($15) Whether for lining or filling in the lips with a stain of color, MAC's Lip Pencils are in a class by themselves. Well priced, long lasting and available in a wide range of shades, Soar is the color of my natural lips, so used as a liner, it enhances them subtlety, without an obvious line, which can look harsh and dated.

Perfection...

6) Revlon's Colorburst Lip Butter This is the best $10 lipstick on the planet, in fact it's one of my faves at any cost.  Lip Butter is a perfect blend of a glossy balm and lipstick.  It's hydrating, smooth and comfortable.  I have them in several shades and it's the only lipstick I will used down to the nub.

A beauty and a bargain to boot...

7) John Frieda's Frizz Ease 3-Day Straight (9.99) This non-sticky spray, with a water like consistency protects hair from heat, while keeping hair silky and frizz free, even in high humidity for up to three days or until your next washing. Been there, tried that-

A miracle...

8) St. Ives Naturally Smooth Body Lotion with Natural Fruit AHA Complex (5.99) A few years ago, several manufacturers included Alpha Hydroxy Acid in their lotions. That single ingredient is the difference between smoother, younger looking skin and skin that is merely moisturized.  When St. Ives introduced Naturally Smooth, a citrus based product with AHA complex, I rejoiced and hoarded.  This non-greasy lightweight formula is a pleasure to use and keeps my skin silky smooth.

A winner...

9)  SmartLash (Price varies)  I was lucky and locked myself into Dermstore's $29.99 offer, which I was able to extend the renewal times, since one tube takes me about 5 months to go through, even with a twice daily application.  It will never do what Latisse did for me in terms of spectacular,lush growth, but on the otherhand, I'm not allergic to it!  All eyelash growth enhancers do not work for all people.  This one works for me.

I am staying with the program...

10) Almay's Eyeliner (6.99) I have repurchased this specific Almay eyeliner many times.  Intended for 16 hour wear, this smudgeproof formula does exactly what it says.  The black is richly pigmented and is a perfect substitute for days when I  can't muster the talent to apply my Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner with a brush. It has a narrow, self sharpening point which makes application a snap.  It's always in my makeup bag and the price is a steal.

Unbeatable...

So there you have it...Stay tuned for my 2012 Best of Beauty and 2012 Best of Skincare lists.

Thank you for you loyalty and kindness, wishing you a safe and Happy New Year.

xox,
DD




1 comment:

  1. Thanks again, look forward to more of your 2012 best pics. Happy New Year DD
    Going shopping now!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...