The Clock Stops Here...

Sunday, August 14, 2016

A Love Story: Too Faced Born This Way Concealer (Part 1)

Too Faced Born This Way Concealer
10 Shades $28


Have I ever left Sephora or Ulta empty handed???  Truthfully? Not.  I popped into Ulta with a pit in my stomach... I had a feeling that my beloved Bare Minerals Chasing Your Dreams Lipstick was a summer romance and I was right... It was over.

Thank heavens for the Internet...

As I was leaving, I saw a display for Too Faced Born This Way Concealer and stopped in my tracks...Back in September, I was enamored, to have found the best shade match to my natural skin, with Too Faced Born This Way Foundation in "Golden".

It was the first time I put my big girl panties on, and tried a medium/full coverage foundation.  Crushing my fears of looking old and overly made up, my skin looked natural and flawless.  I proclaimed it my Holy Grail foundation and pledged monogamy for life... Or so I thought.

Born This Way turned out to be a sensation, so Too Faced smartly decided to up the number of shades it was offered in. I went back to Ulta and purchased a new bottle of Golden, (perhaps the first time I have ever used a foundation to the Q-Tip swabbing end, I might add), giving it no thought, until the next morning when I opened it to apply it.

Surprisingly the color was perceptibly different!  How could this be??? Fortunately, I still had the original, plus my receipt for the newly purchased one. Assuming it was just an off bottle, I went back and inspected each and every one, side by side with my original, nothing matched. I corralled several associates to confirm my assertion that I wasn't a madwoman.  The verdict was unanimous. Crazy shade not crazy woman.  

Return accepted.

My hope was, the problem was just Ulta's , so I tried my luck at Sephora. Same sorry tale.  Here's the thing.  Too Faced did a great thing by expanding the shades it is offered in, because, in theory, minus one,  many more people would be able to use it. It really is an amazing product and I highly recommend you sample it.

So, bitterly, we parted ways,  yet still, I couldn't resist buying Too Faced Born This Way Concealer. Some how, some way, I hoped my love affair could be rekindled.

Partie deux, tomorrow.

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...