The Clock Stops Here...

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Nivea Extended Moisture Body Lotion

Y
Nivea Extended Moisture Body Lotion 48/Hrs.
$6.99


Certain beauty brands and products are emblazoned in my childhood brain because they were favored by my Mom; Nivea Lotion, Dove Soap, Finesse Shampoo and Conditioner, Arpege,  and Maybelline Eyebrow Pencils.

In my family, vanity skipped a generation.  My obsessions are more closely aligned with my grandmother Connie.  My mom is naturally pretty, shied away from the sun and had great skin.  She literally could be coiffed and out the door in 10 minutes. Sister Loren is not that far behind in a pinch. Me??? Uh...no.

I always loved the smell of Nivea products.  I truly have seen a difference using their Skin Firming Moisturizer, and no, I don't give a whit about whatever chemical combination they brewed up that make it effective on my knees and upper arms.  It works. Period.

We didn't have a cold Northeast winter, though this spring was unseasonably chilly.  I was surprised during a recent pedicure when it was pointed out how incredibly dry my legs were.  No matter how much she slathered,  they still looked distressingly reptilian.

Fortunately, CVS and Sephora are just a few steps from Cozy Nails in Greenwich. I knew immediately where I was headed next.


After perusing the skin lotion aisle, I settled on Nivea Extended Moisture Body Lotion for extremely dry skin, that promises 48 Hours of hydrated skin. I would have been content with 24 hours, but sometimes more is more.

Can I tell you how much I love this lotion?  First of all, the first pump and whiff always brings me back to my childhood.  Isn't it wonderful how aligned smell is with memory?  It has just the texture I prefer; rich, gel like and instantly absorbed.  And it gets better; it plumps, totally alleviated my dry skin and  made every inch of my body feel like a silk sheet.  I can't believe how soft my own skin is to my touch.

This is drugstore beauty at its best; affordable and totally effective.  Mom loves it too.  So will you...

xox,
DD


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...