The Clock Stops Here...

Friday, November 21, 2014

Tarte The Sculptor Contouring Face Slenderizer and Bamboo Brush

Tarte Contouring Face Slenderizer $24
and Bamboo Brush $32

Contouring is having a moment, with several companies including Tarte, Smashbox, Becca and Nars coming out with kits that are supposed to make sculpting and slimming your face easier, (I will hypothesize, begrudgingly, that this makeup trend may have its roots in Kardashianism). One of my biggest issues has always been figuring out which shade would be most appropriate for my skin tone for this particular task...

I chose the easy way out:  Tarte's Face Slenderizer only comes in one shade, Park Avenue Princess, a cream version of their popular powder. I'm not entirely certain how one hue could work for all skin tones, but I was willing to give it a whirl.  I also purchased the coordinating Bamboo Brush; I figured it was the only way to fairly judge its effectiveness.
Tarte has certainly take the guess work out of how to contour.  The chubby, creamy stick couldn't be easier to swipe and apply.  The step by step instructions are a snap.  I was glad I bought the matching two-sided brush, which blends and buffs the contour "stripes", (which resemble war paint, once on) to a natural, nearly powder like finish.



I like the results, which I think look natural even during daylight hours.  The thought of contouring with dark powder before 6 p.m. seems daunting to me.  I'm still not sure how this milk chocolate pencil, with a slight orange under tone can work on all complexions from pale to sallow, but it works for mine. Oily skins might be challenged by a bit of fading after a few hours, but this stick is definitely portable and hopefully, fingers will suffice in blending a second application if need be.

Is Park Avenue Princess the right shade for you? Maybe...test it in store at Sephora or Ulta to be sure.

It worked for this one...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...