The Clock Stops Here...

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Fall 2010- The Haves and The Have Nots

 I've spent the last 10 days, engaged in my usual summer ritual;   perusing several thousand pages of Fall magazines, not including the ads.  Must Haves  are always dictated in these tomes, but there must also,  be wiggle room for personal style.   It's a bit of a Chinese menu;  the only way to blow it, is to choose to purchase trends that are in style, but not your style.  It was a lot to digest...

Here are some suggestions to update your wardrobe this Fall:
Trends                       Color and Patterns
Ladylike                      Camel, Red, Pink, Fuscia
Minimalism                  Black, White
Menswear                   Grey
Military                       Olive, Taupe
Leather/ Faux Fur       Animal Prints
Long Full  Skirts          Florals, Graphic Prints
Chunky Knitwear        Alpine Prints  
Top Handle Bags         Brights, Jewel Tones
Clutches                      Metallic Gold
Skinny Belts            
Peep Toe Shooties
Kitten Heels
Ankle Boots/ Lace-Up Ankle boots
Riding Boots
Over-The-Knee Boots
Pendants
Bangles, Cuffs and Chunky Gold Bracelets

Here is what's on my must have list:
1)  A leopard print, top handle bag, which I will wear with everything.
2)  A  charcoal grey pantsuit with slim,, single pleated pants, peep toe shooties and a femme red or fuscia silk blouse.    
3)  A  jewel toned , ladylike, minimalist sheath, chunky gold link bracelett, and kitten heels by day, peep-toe shooties and a clutch by night.
4)  A sleek, knee length camel coat. possibly belted.
5)  Something leather T-B-D...a jacket,  a pencil skirt, suede leggings...it will find me.

Here is what I won't be buying, not because it isn't divine on you, but because it won't be on me:
1)  A long, full,  printed skirt, with lace-up, heeled, ankle boots.
2)  Anything vaguely military inspired.   Not my thing and  I look olive in olive.
3)  Chunky alpine knitwear.   I don't ski and I do schvitz.
4)  Over-the-Knee boots. Pretty Woman...forever twined.
5)  Faux furForgive me.

No matter what the season, the most important thing is to be comfortable in your own skin.  I do encourage my clients to push a little outside of their zone.  The slightly unexpected choices are usually the ones that rack up the most compliments.  However, if  it feels "costumey",  it doesn't matter how good it looks or how well it fits.  Trust your fashion survival instincts and move on. 

Another option that is exploding, is to upload a picture of yourself and send it to feedback websites like my faveFashism.  Within minutes,  the fashion obsessed posse,  will weigh in with yay's, nay's and suggestions for improvement.  It's bound to save people from making costly mistakes.  Besides, the  motivation is pure ...I 've seen a lot of BFF's, derail some  pretty spectacular outfits over the years as a Personal Shopper.

Just sayin'.  Happy hunting!

xox,
DD

4 comments:

  1. Great blog! I've read a few posts here today, and wanted to leave at least one comment. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Yvette!
    It's so much fun for me to write it and it thrills me to pieces that people enjoy reading it! If it's convenient, please subscribe. It's free ofcourse.

    xox,
    DD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had fun reading your blog. Keep it posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much airbrushmakeup! No chance of me stopping... I'm having way too much fun!

    xox
    DD

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...