The Clock Stops Here...

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Fairy Tales Do Come True


I am officially, out of Latisse. Those of you who have followed my Latisse story on You Tube, know I had a very bumpy first chapter...my eyeballs looked like Barber poles and felt like someone was working them over with an emery board, night and day. A normal person would have discontinued use--not me! I was in it till THE END.

16 weeks later, I am in my glory. Every day I can't quite believe those Bambi lashes are all mine...at least for now. Like her Walt Disney cousin Cinderella, the trimmings are strictly on loan. Maintenance is a must (at least 2 or 3 times a week), or all the magic disappears. O.K., all the magic breaks off.

And thus, the quandary...do I get a new prescription for Latisse or do I give the RevitaLash I have stashed in my cosmetic goody closet a whirl?

RevitaLash was one of the first entrants into the "eyelash conditioning and beautification" market. It is significantly less expensive, (I recently saw it on sale at CVS for $49.99). The directions are identical, a thin line, drawn on clean eyelids before bed. Best of all, I like this particular Fairy Tale, because it is true.

RevitaLash was developed by a real life Prince Charming, Dr. Michael Brinkenhoff, for his wife Nancy, who lost her lustrous hair and lashes, while going through chemotherapy treatments for breast cancer. (They are pictured above). In addition, a portion of all proceeds benefit non-profit breast cancer research and education initiatives. As a breast cancer survivor, I am touched by his kindness and devotion to his wife and their continuing efforts to help eradicate this disease. RevitaLash also beat Latisse to the punch, and developed a unisex hair product, that hopefully does as much for thinning domes and it does for thinning lids.

So, it's a no brainer...I will try RevitaLash and hope to maintain my lashes, because I would like to maintain my support of their company. (I also much prefer getting fat lashes from a skinny brush...rather than the over sized basting brushes that come with Latisse). Fingers crossed!

As always---To Be Continued.

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...