The Clock Stops Here...

Friday, January 17, 2014

Flashback Fridays: Make Up Forever Smokey Extravagant Mascara

It occurred to me the other day, that certain products deserve another mention. With all products I try, buy and sample for review, if  I'm going back for another round, it's because nothing has bettered it.

Such was the case yesterday.  I was at the dregs of both my Benefit They're Real Mascara and Smashbox Full Exposure.  I remembered how impressed I had been with Make Up Forever's Smokey Extravagant Mascara, and decided to purchase it this time, (the first time I had received a sample in a Glam Media goodie bag).

These are my lashes today with one coat of Smokey Extravagant. I particularly love how the bottom lashes look (not to mention how nicely my lashes have grown, just two months into my Grande Lash Md trial, thanks again Suzanne!)
They neither chipped nor flaked all day and I received several compliments.


One coat of Make Up Forever Smokey Extravagant Mascara
$24

So from now on, on Fridays, if I repurchased something during the week that I had blogged about previously, I will give it another shout out. The original review is below.


If I love it that much, I'm thinking you might too...

xox,
DD
Make Up Forever Smokey Extravagant Mascara
$24

I'm not certain why, but Make Up Forever has never been a brand I have gravitated towards. Maybe it's a lack of media awareness; in my minds eye, I cant picture a single print ad, nor celeb muse preening endorsements.

Very much under the radar.

Nevertheless, Make Up Forever's new Smokey Extravagant Mascara was included in an extravagant gift bag I received from Glam Media, as one of their sponsors, so I looked forward to using it.

I particularly love testing new mascaras and I could barely wait till the morning to try it, (for about 2 seconds I contemplated putting it on my freshly washed lashes).

It has an interesting Xmas tree shaped brush that does take a bit of getting used to.  I stroked the tip on my palm to see if the "smokey" part referred to the color; I'm really only a fan of deeply black mascara--fortunately it did not, it's a beautiful inky black.
This stuff is impressive.  Some mascaras make you choose between length and volume.Smokey Extravagant Mascara has them both covered and pretty much in a single stroke.

It's also the first mascara that I have ever used that actually works better on its own, without lash primer. Two coats created such lush lashes they almost looked false...believe me, I'm not complaining.

Another plus?  It washes off without a struggle, unlike my former fave, Benefit's They're Real.

I'm truly delighted I had the opportunity to try this Smokey Extravagant Mascara.  For me, it portends good things about Make Up Forever.

Better late than never...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...