The Clock Stops Here...

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Flashback Friday: Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick


Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick
$6.99

I promised to focus a bit more on drugstore beauty, as I have recently strayed into the the stratosphere, and when I was repurchasing past faves, to bring them to your attention again.


I first discovered Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick this summer, when I misplaced my makeup case.  I was still hoping to recover it, (I did) but needed to replace a few basics, so I wanted to do it on the cheap.

I'm a Rimmel fan.  For drugstore beauty, I think they have some of the best offerings. As soon as I spied Piccadilly Pink, I was a goner. It was the perfect summer pink:




The fact that Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick has SPF 18, Hyaluronic Acid, collagen and is infused with Vitamins A, C and E is mighty impressive for $6.99.  Even more impressive was the hydration and even pigmentation that it provides on the lips.


I buy Rimmel London at CVS, where they frequently offer buy one get the second one for 50% off.  I found myself purchasing, hoarding and stashing Piccadilly Pink in my handbags, car console, gym bag and desk drawer...but that's me.

My current obsession is with my Too Faced La Creme Lipstick in Cinnamon, but as the name implies, it favors the spice family in color.

I was looking for a "winter" pink this time, and decided to see if I might get lucky again with another shade of Moisture Renew Lipstick.

I quickly zeroed in on Mauve Pink, which I hoped would have a bit of depth and brightness to perk up my winter pallor. It did and it does, (though I do like to tone it down a hair with a touch of Bobbi Brown Rose Sugar Lip Gloss).

All in all, this is a terrific buy. Unlike my recent L'Oreal and CoverGirl purchases, Rimmel London lipsticks do not have a perfume aftertaste, a concept I have never understood, (particularly in prestige brands like Chanel and Estee Lauder).

With 24 shades to choose from, I'm sure you will find one you love too.
It's a goodie, then and now...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...