The Clock Stops Here...

Thursday, January 16, 2014

What is the Best Under Eye Concealer?


Tarte Maracula Creaseless Concealer
$24
One of my favorite beauty websites is Into the Gloss, for it's excellent product reviews, contemporary content and sense of community.  For example, regularly, they will ask readers to share their absolute favorite products. Yesterday's query was about under eye concealers.

By nature, we are helpers and women love to share their hard won Holy Grail finds...believe me, I try to do that with you whenever I find one.

Naturally, I read all 106 comments and threw my own comment into the ring, (IT Bye Bye Under Eye and Amazing Concealer).  Still, I knew that there would be some new temptations, particularly having just spent and hour and half in my colorist Christopher Hornauer's chair, with visible circles peeking through my concealer.

What came up most frequently in reader's comments, was Nars Creamy Concealer, which I have and do use, but don't absolutely love. Other faves??? Cle de Peau, by Terry, Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage and Tarte's Maracula Creaseless Concealer.

I have had a lot of success with Tarte Cosmetics and Sephora is conveniently in my stomping ground, so I stomped in to see what all the fuss was about.

Their are 8 shades of Tarte's Maracula Creasless Concealer and maddeningly, their names disappeared off the back of the tubes from repeated handling.  After some trial and error, and did manage to find the Medium, which was perfect for my skin tone.

This is a  full on, full coverage, waterproof concealer and it was the Girls with the deepest, darkest circles, who loved it best...If it worked for them, I could only imagine how quickly my little half moons were going to disappear!

And gone they were... Just the tiniest dot is needed, and several readers warned that too much would in fact cake.  It also has an unusual glow to the finish.  Some women did not like it, and tamped it down with a bit of powder.

Not me! I quite like the lit within glow and could never imagine applying powder underneath my eyes anyway.  Here are a few more details about Tarte Maracula Creaseless Concealer from their website:

Product Performance:  This velvety concealer is also ideal for masking discoloration and imperfections such as acne/blemishes, redness, scars, hyperpigmentation, and dark circles. This nutrient-rich, blendable, liquid concealer brightens and restores skin’s natural luster, leaving you with a flawless complexion.
Powered By: Maracuja: helps to improve skin’s texture, tone and moisture content while imparting a brightening dewy, luminous finish. In addition to promoting healthy skin.

Though I texted my friend Cindy on the way out with a 911 to run to her nearest Sephora to purchase it, I new the true test would come on a completely fresh face, instead of one compromised by several products.

This morning, I applied one side with my pinky and the other with a concealer brush.  Both sides looked terrific, dark circles completely gone and a much more rested looking me, looking back.

While not inexpensive at $24, readers spoke of having one tube for a year, and it certainly would come in significantly less than a concealer by Terry or Cle de Peau.

I'm so happy to share this great find with you. Now I think I need to report back and thank the Into the Gloss and their respondents.

Sistahood.  It's a beautiful thing...

xox,
DD

2 comments:

  1. It's not easy to find Tarte products in my country, but I would like to try. I use a Clinique concealer, but maybe it's time to try something new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be worth it! I cant believe how rested I look! Im very happy with this Tarte product. If your skin is a bit oily, their BB cream is a miracle too!

    Thanks for reading and commenting,
    xo,
    DD

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...