The Clock Stops Here...

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The M's have it! Good news from the drugstore

Milani Liquid Eye Liner Pencil
$6.99

I have not had a great deal of luck with Milani products, but when I spotted their "Liquid Eye Liner Pencil", the name sounded intriguing.  I have an app on my iPhone for Makeup Alley a website that rates cosmetics, solely based on user reviews, so I decided to check it out.  Sure enough, it was very highly rated, some comparing it to MAC eye pencils...Good 'nuf for me.

I purchased it in brown, though the website does not reflect that it is actually a metallic brown, which I thought might be an interesting twist on an eye liner.

The consistency is softer than I imagined it would be, almost kohl like, but it does glide on well.  There is a about a 15 second smudge window before it sets.  It was darker than I imagined it would be, so I will probably opt for a thinner line next time. It absolutely did stay put all day, until I removed it.  For $6.99, this is a good find.

Onward...
Maybelline Color Tattoo Pure Pigment Eye Shawdow
$6.99
I have purchased Maybelline's Color Tattoo shadows before and absolutely loved them in the cream gel formula.  What caught my eye was the rich bisque color of this shadow, with what appeared to be a hint of shimmer. I did not realize when I purchased it, that it was actually a mineral powder.

I used it all over my lid up to my brow bone (before adding some definition with a matte cinnamon shadow).  It definitely had a more glow than I expected and I feared it might make my lids look crepey.  Once I tamped down the wattage with a bit of matte shadow, I was happier with the effect.

As promised, it absolutely lasted from dawn (Diva dawn, 8:30 am) till I removed it, some 15 hours later.

Are they Holy Grail material???

Not by a long shot, but they are solid and serviceable and I'm going to keep them...

Two hits, two misses, but a good reminder that quality products can be found in the same place that you purchase your dental floss.  Convenience counts for something too...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...