The Clock Stops Here...

Monday, January 6, 2014

Drugstore Beauty Buys: Bomb or Bargain?

L'Oreal's Colour Caresse
Wet Shine Stain
$9.99

I promised to update you on my recent CVS Haul...I have been remiss in also covering some of the terrific, less expensive products that are available at the drugstore.  The quality, packaging and price have come a long way from my Bonne Bell purchases as a teenager.

I have frequently had great good luck with L'Oreal products over the years. For a mass product, they are among my favorites. The lip color above, L'Oreal Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain is supposed to be a hybrid of a stain and a gloss. Sadly, I found it to be a mess!

Too much product comes onto to the soft sponge applicator, making for overdressed lips and a sloppy container.  It felt far too wet for my liking and worse still, tasted terribly of perfume, even after it dried.  As well, the color on the packaging and display were quite far off from my actual purchase.  The only upside was it made me realize that I really should reintroduce some spice tones into my lipstick wardrobe.

Oh well.  On to the next...

CoverGirl LipPerfection Lip Color
$7.99

I was attracted to the new sleek packaging and pretty shade offerings by CoverGirl LipPerfection Lip Color.  They are also touted as being extremely moisturizing.  Delight 410 called to me, though it is lighter and brighter than most of the colors I gravitate (not pictured above).

Indeed, I do love the color on my lips, but I found the texture to be anything but moisturizing and it also had a a peculiar, stale taste.

Back to the drawing board and the drugstore.  I'm not off to a great start, but I'm ever the optimist.  Let's see what tomorrow brings...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...