The Clock Stops Here...

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Review: Stila One Step Bronze

Stila One Step Bronze
$36
I have been struggling lately with my faux tan or should I say my, "no tan".
Do you think it's possible for self tanner to plateau?

One thing I do know is that I really don't like using powdered bronzers. It doesn't matter if they are matte or illuminating.  I think they are aging on anyone over 40.

I went to Sephora today hoping to find something different. I was not looking for a sheer bronzing gel, or an illuminating bronze lotion like Nars Laguna. I have tried using darker BB's creams and end up looking like I had a Hershey Bar on my forehead.

The truth is I had no idea what I was looking for, or if it even existed....

Lucky for me, Stila's One Step Bronze was one of the first products I saw.  For starters, it's pretty. I liked that there were three different shades that would pump together as one.  It was exactly what I was genie wishing for.

It has a light, silky texture and it immediately gave me the warm, healthy glow I needed.  I will use this over my other new love, Tarte's BB Cream, (which makes my skin look flawless, but is less moisturizing then I am used to.)

Reader reviews on Sephora were mostly stellar and Makeup Alley reviewers gave it 4.7 out of 5 lipsticks, probably the best rating I have ever seen on this site.
Here is how it is described on Sephora's website:

What it is:
A swirl of three bronzers that gives skin an instant sunkissed glow. 

What it does:
Energized with Stila's exclusive Youth Revival Bio-Available Mineral Complex™ One Step Bronze reads and reacts to the skin's needs and immediately goes to work to improve skintone, even out the complexion, and smooth the appearance of fine line and wrinkles. The oil-free, triple-helix formula contains three illuminating bronzers that work in tandem to bronze, illuminate, and create a gorgeous glow.


March is one of my least favorite months.  It's a long tease until Spring.  I try to convince myself winter is behind me, but inevitably, you can always count on snow and it will be arriving in the morning.

I'll still be cranky, but at least I'll look prettier...

xox,
DD

1 comment:

  1. It's very genious and it's a cool invention that Stila's liquid tan. Thanks for a discovered !

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...