The Clock Stops Here...

Thursday, March 7, 2013

DivaDebbi turns 5!

DivaDebbi turns 5!





Today marks the DivaDebbi's 5th Birthday!  It's been such a rewarding endeavor and I am so glad I went down this pretty path.

I have met fabulous people, enjoyed emails from readers all over the world, developed great working relationships with other Bloggers as well as P.R. firms, started writing for WAG Magazine, became the Brand Ambassador for La Peau Skincare and have been interviewed for several publications.

I have purchased and sampled hundreds of products and shared my results with you in over 1000 blogs.  I have discovered some amazing finds that I truly believe have helped me turn back the hands of time.

All in all, I still enjoy writing my blog just as much, if not more and I am very, very grateful to you, my dear, loyal readers.

With love and thanks,
DD

P.S.  Just for fun, below is the very first blog I wrote on March 7th, 2008!


Just Getting Started....

O.K., I have no idea what I am doing yet, not even sure how I will find my own blog again, but gotta give this a whirl...

I have been consistently obsessed with all things beauty and fashion related for the last 30 years or so. Happily I have dear friends who can attest to it and fabulous new friends and clients over the years who have all been on the receiving end of my blast emails about my latest discovery that must be purchased pronto. If you will read, I will write...

My first wrinkle creme was Dorothy Grey Night Creme. It came in a lavender jar and I purchased it at age 12

I Googled Dorothy Grey and would you believe Shopzilla has 5000 products to purchase??? Do you think its all been sitting around for 30+ years? I know I never seen it again anywhere...

I think even then, it was marketed towards mature skin, but in the spirit of sooner than later, I slathered. I soon graduated onto pilfering my sister's Clinique 3 Step System nightly (which she will learn about first right here)....ooohhh that fabulous cucumber colored sliding soap dish....

As I contemplated taking this on, I mentally went way back and remembered many of my early obsessions...Yardley Lipsticks, in those adorable orange and pink striped tubes with black scrolls ( I actually found one on ebay)!, Love's Baby Soft and Fresh Lemon Perfumes, Misty Mocha and Misty Lilac Revlon nail polish, Karen Graham of Estee Lauder ad fame, Psssst dry shampoo, Sun In Highlighting spray, Calgon take me away....

So, if any of this rings a bell, I am the girl who thankfully gave up suntanning with Reynolds wrapped double album covers long before I hit my 20's and has learned a thing or two along the way.  I will share all that I try and scour reading, with you, my readers.

My business is fashion, so if you think I will resist writing about Stars on the Red Carpet, I couldn't possibly, not. I am nearly in hives waiting in anticipation of Stars who blow it, despite having the best designer offerings and stylists at their disposal...think Tilda Swinton accepting this year's Academy Award in a Hefty trash bag....

So, I hope you will check in and if you like my blog, share it, put me in your favorites (I would, if I knew how)...

Dish with the Diva anytime....what were some of your earliest, fondest beauty memories and products???

xox,
DD

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Debbi!

    I love reading your posts. And thank you for the Murad lightening serum...I do believe I am seeing some progress. :-)

    Here's to the next 5, 10, etc. years!

    C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much CC!
    Im glad you are starting to see results! Hang in there with the Murad Pigment Lightening Serum. All my freckles that relapsed after my Fla. visit are happily gone.

    xox
    DD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your beauty tips!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...