The Clock Stops Here...

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Breakfast with Bill

Ladylike




Bill Cunningham from his front row perch at Fashion Week
(he can frequently be seen on his bicycle scooting through the City)

You know when people ask that classic cocktail party question, "if you could have dinner with 3 people, alive or dead, who would they be?"  My other two frequently rotate, but my one mainstay would be Bill Cunningham, the extraordinary fashion photographer for the N.Y. Times.

Bill has been chronically the City's fashionable for the last 50 or so years. Always exuberant and particularly delighted by street style, I always enjoy his photography, but savor his weekly videos, where you can hear the pure joy, humor and wonder in his voice.

I created this Polyvore set last night.  Initially, it was going to be composed strictly of black and white images, but it seemed to be lacking some punch, so I accented with red.

Over coffee this morning, I was delighted to see Bill and I were in lockstep.
Initially he was covering the scope of black and white seen at the scene at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week (glad I got that right),


but predicting the next chapter, likes it popped with red or paired with black:
On the Street with Bill Cunningham for the NY Times
Sunday March 3rd 2013

Below is a clip to the video he narrated below:

http://www.nytimes.com/video/2013/03/01/fashion/100000002094511/bill-cunningham-right-on-red.html

Bill Cunningham is a National treasure, with an unerring eye.  It made me giddy that I share a moment with him at breakfast.

I'm still holding out for that dinner...

xox,
DD


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...