People sometimes ask how I create my Polyvore sets. Is it the model, a particular fashion design or color, an interior? How does it work?
The answer is all of the above and often in a stream of consciousness. This is how the set above came together:
- I saw the pug first, and thought of my friend Lidia Solymosi, one of the most talented women on Polyvore, who has scores of loyal followers and is crazy about her pug Ramsey.
- I spotted this stunning young woman, wrapped like a precious doll in a red bow on Tumblr and "clipped" the image into my Polyvore treasure chest.
- The pop of red reminded me of charming red Valentino dress that I sold to one of my lovely clients today at Richards. She's wearing it to a luncheon in the City next month. She too, looked like a precious doll.
- I often liked to pair my fashion sets back to interiors I like. I was thinking about my friend Q., whose blog Quintessence just won the prestigious Design Bloggers Best Blog of 2013. It is a daily read for me and my favorite Interior and Lifestyle Blog. I am so proud of my friend and happy for her!!! It's a quite an honor.
- I received a lovely Christmas gift from a fave friend and client this year, Interior Designer Miles Redd's The Big Book of Chic. I could, and often do comb it for inspiration, during fits of insomnia. I remembered a particular "red room" that I loved and wanted to finish this set with it.
- I checked back through Q's blog for a photo, since I knew she attended Miles book launch party and hoped I would find my shot.
And this is how its all done. All wrapped up with a red bow...