The Clock Stops Here...

Monday, March 4, 2013

Paging Dr. Denese

Dr. Adrienne Denese M.D. Ph.D

Back in May of 2008, I wrote about how I stumbled upon Dr. Denese, during a  PBS fundraiser, just at the point when I was discouraged that my pricey skin regimen had plateaued. This is what I had to say back then:

Enter Dr. Denese, also a PBS celebutant. A Hungarian blond, of a certain age and a definite glow. I was so intrigued by what she was "teaching", instead of selling, that I actually took notes. Dr. Denese's skin care philosophy is backed up with a whole lotta science and boils down to 5 simple steps: 1) Cleanse 2) Tone 3) Exfoliate with glycolic acid 4) Apply a "serum" with a watery consistency to 5) Bind with an application of a "fatty" night creme. It all resonated well with me, and I still follow this regimen nightly, 2 years later.

Make that 7 years...plus a 6th step- Protect with SPF 30 evert morning. If you wish to see her 6 Step Plan please click on the this link.

At the time, Dr. Denese's products were not readily available. She did not have a website and did not appear on QVC to sell her products.  Today, both are up and running and she is one of QVC's most popular Hosts.
I am fiercely loyal to La Peau Skincare, but after all this history, when I was offered the opportunity to sample her Advanced Firming Facial Pads, Contouring Serum and Triple Strength Wrinkle Smoother, I agreed to try them.  All three are Dr. Denese's powerhouse, bestselling firming products.




I liked the Advanced Firming Facial Pads.  I used them after cleansing and they did a nice job of removing any residual makeup.  Even though they contain glycolic acid, they are much more gentle than any other facial pads I have used, and I personally prefer more zhush. I do think, however, that sensitive skins would find them ideal.

I used the Contouring Serum before applying the Triple Strength Wrinkle Smoother to my face and neck nightly. The cream is extremely rich, perhaps too much so for my skin. Dryer skin types might love it the more "La Mer" like quality.

Dr. Denese has an extensive product line to explore...Frankly, I think she is her own best advertisment.

If women who use her products and her regimen religiously can achieve similarly glowing, toned and firm skin, she may be the right Dr. on call for you...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...