The Clock Stops Here...

Friday, March 29, 2013

Review: Guerlain Lingerie de Peau Foundation

Guerlain Lingerie de Peau
$59

Whenever I'm at Neiman Marcus, I like to visit their Cosmetics department. It is beautifully edited and primarily carries the best brands in the business like Cle de Peau, Chantecaille, Tom Ford, Le Metier de Beaute, By Terry, Sisley,Chanel and Guerlain.

Luxe packaging, silky formula's and gorgeous, wearable palettes make them all very tempting, but I just can't pull the trigger on a $48 lipstick, no matter how pretty. Where I am a bit more gullible flexible, is on spending on a good foundation...after all, when you think about what you spend on a new blouse, that maybe you will wear twice a month, it's really just pennies, since it's worn everyday.

Whenever the seasons change, I get the itch to freshen up my makeup.  Though I have been happy using my Tarte Beauty Balm, it is a little bit more matte than I am used to. I work so hard on achieving glowing skin, it seems counter intuitive to be losing some of it because of the makeup I'm using.

I have dreamed of finding a lightweight, dewy foundation that still has plenty of pigment and staying power. On top of that, I want it to be a perfect match for my skin, without making me look so pale, that I have to add bronzing powder. I want it to appear like I am not wearing foundation, but not feel so heavy that I have to dilute with water or moisturizer.

Honestly, until yesterday my Holy Grail foundation as eluded me...
While tooling around the department, I saw Guerlain's new Lingerie de Peau Foundation and decided to try it. I loved the lightweight fluid texture and even over my existing makeup, I could see that Beige O4 would be a seamless match, but one that would also give the hint of a tan that I crave.  

Here is how it is described on Neiman's website:

Guerlain fulfills the dream of the perfect foundation, so fusional that it can't be felt or seen. It melts with the skin as a second, imperceptible wrapping to sublimate the complexion with no artifice—the most intimate lingerie dedicated to the skin.

In other words, Lingerie de Peau is like a second skin...Ding, ding, ding.

Unfortunately, unlike Sephora, Neiman's does not sample product. I learned long ago to sample perfume and makeup whenever possible before purchasing to avoid costly mistakes. Sephora nicely supplied me with a generous sample to try at home, on clean skin in the morning.

I used it this morning and I absolutely LOVE this foundation. It applies flawlessly, wears beautifully and let my own healthy skin shine through.  Before I pull the trigger on purchasing, I will test it for a few more days but I think I may have just found my "HOLY GRAIL" foundation!

Out of curiosity, I checked to see if it was well reviewed on Sephora's website.  Not surprisingly, the reviews were almost unanimously glowing...and now we can be too.

xox,
DD

5 comments:

  1. What I use (when I bother to use foundation) - I actually love the entire Guerlain line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Q.
    Even you would love this! This is the best no makeup makeup I have ever tried! I beseech you to sample :)!
    xo
    DD

    ReplyDelete
  3. The name got my attention!!! Lingerie for the skin.. brilliant. I am in "trying something new mode," too. Spring is here! Finally. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant marketing Barb, absolutely!
    It is super, super sheer. Def. get a sample and see if its for you. Just tried Bobbi Brown's BB cream today and Im already waffling, LOL.
    Love and miss you!
    D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what's your mac shade? am considering 32 in lingerie de peau too. thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...