The Clock Stops Here...

Monday, January 14, 2013

DivaDebbi's Red Carpet Report Card: Golden Globes 2013




I am happy to say this is my 1000th post and as I write this, I will hit my 500,000th page view.  Thank you all so much for reading my Blog.  There are a zillion out there, and if you choose to read mine, I truly appreciate it.

Tina Fey and Amy Poehler Co-Hosts

NOW on to the big stuff, the 2013 Golden Globes Awards.  How completely refreshing and adorable were Tina Fey and Amy Poehler???  They absolutely killed it with a combination of wit, delivery and hi-jinx, those little minx.  Adored!

As always, trends become apparent immediately on the Red Carpet...don't these stylists compare notes?  Any way what did we see? An abundance or red, gold, black and nude, sheer, backless, cut outs, long sleeves and fishtails.

The Golden Globes is normally the most casual of the Big 3 (GG's, AA's and the Emmy's), but last night the ladies were dressed and tressed to kill. I can't wait for the AA's...what could possible top this?

There were far more spectacular looks and some really good ones than flat out disasters damn it , so for the sake of brevity I will do my Best and Worst looks only.

The A List:

Kate the Great in Jennifer Meyer (a name unfamiliar
to me before tonight. I hope she is prepared to take the
world on by storm, if this is an indication of her work.)

Jessica Alba in Oscar de la Renta- one of the only who chose
a statement necklace-Ravishing!

A glowing , beautiful Jodie Foster in her go to Designer Armani Prive

Naomi Watts spectacular (and warm)  in a Bordeaux Zac Posen  
apparently it was a frigid 50 in LA last night.

Radiant new Mom and GG winner Claire Danes in Versace
with smokey eyes and a flowing mane (I will report on both later
in the week) Congrats! I'm an obsessed Homeland fan.

Nicole Kidman with her fashion mojo finally back, in McQueen

The gorgeous Kerry Washington, coming off of a
spectacular promo tour for Django Unchained where
she proved her fashion chops at every stop, in Miu Miu

Katherine McPhee, drop dead chic in Theysken's Theory

The adorable Hayden Panatierre in a perfectly 'scaled'  Cavalli fishtail
for her petite frame



A much improved Julianne Moore in Tom Ford
Lea Michele doing that Jolie thing, ugh, but none-the-less stunning
in Elie Saab

Taylor Swift, looking like the young lady killer she apparently is,
in Donna Karen Atelier. Incredible.

The always divine Dame Helen Mirren in Badgley Mischka.
That body at 67?  A Goddess.


Did I leave anyone out???
The next tier for me, just missed the mark, though I'm sure some are on your A lists. To me they were just too dark, too bare, too light, too blah, too "been there done that': Jennifer Lawrence (I'm never a fan of crumb catcher bodices), Allison Williams, Emily Mortimer, Connie Britton, Eva Langoria, Zooey Deschanel, Amy Adams, Sofia Vergara, Heidi Klum, Anne Hathaway, Stacy Keibler, Megan Fox, Rosie Huntington-Whitely, Jennifer GarnerJulianne Hough and Jennifer Lopez.  Basta with that bum already.

And now the good stuff...


The D List:
The beautiful Morena Baccarin is usually a RC fave of mine. This
Valentino looked overwrought and matronly too me.  Big Sigh.
Lucy Liu in Carolina Herrera. All I could think of was a bedspread from
a cheap Key West Motel. Sorry.
Halle honey, you are 46 with a banging bod. Duly noted. Now cover up.

Marion Cotillard in a fugly Haute Couture Dior with dyed to match shoes
from the local bridal salon.
Jessica Chastain.  Wha Happind??  This odd, pale
 aqua CalvinKlein dress has a strange, saggy bodice
 doing the lovely Jessica no favors.

Sienna Miller, fresh from the shower in an Erdem nightie.

Juliana Margulies with a severe Clydesdale pony tail in an overdone Pucci that
also manages to be underdone, hence the sheer legs and nude to the crack back.
Rachel Weisz looked so very pretty seated next to new hubby Daniel Craig.
When I saw the full shot of this Louis Vuitton dress all I could think of
was of a Project Runway reject..You're Out!

Julia Louis Dreyfus in a custom Vera Wang. It is unattractive, matronly and unflattering.
'Nuf said.

Rosaria Dawson looks poured into this light blue peplum gown
giving her a uni boob effect. Unfortunate, no?

So Darlings, there you have it. Do you agree? Disagree? Shall we agree to disagree?  Anyway, the post mortem is always the most fun, hope you enjoyed it either way.

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...