The Clock Stops Here...

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Review: Tarte's Natural Cheek Stain

Tarte True Love Cheek Stain
$30
I have been away from my usual stomping grounds for nearly two weeks. I was lucky enough to escape the wrath of Sandy in South Florida first on a Girls trip and then hosted by dear friends with homes in Palm Beach and Boca. It was a lovely break and I am thankful to have it, though my heart is heavy about all of the destruction the Northeast as suffered.

I was down to the last drop of my usual blush fave, Benefit's Posie Tint and completely out of Dr. Dennis Gross's Alpha Beta Glow Pads, the exfoliating self tanning towelettes, that I can no longer live without.

Sunday's are always bustling at Sephora in Greenwich Ct., particularly on a nice day, since it's free standing and on the main shopping street. Today was the busiest I have ever seen it...

What was going on?  Apparently it was the V.I.B. Holiday 2012 Event for Insider Beauty Members and one guest, both of whom would receive 20% off their total purchase, (ending tomorrow November 12th).  What qualifies one to be a V.I.B.?  I'm not sure, but if  I had to venture a guess, it would be those of us who purchase exorbitant amounts of product each year. Somewhere in the blur of the last two weeks, their email announcement escaped my attention.

Many of the brands have fantastic, value packed sets of bestsellers available. Attractively packaged and priced, they make great gifts for others too.

Anyway! I decided to poke around a bit.  I have stayed devoted to Posie Tint for over a year now. I love the cool, gel consistency of this liquid blush and the peachy pink color is nearly perfect for me, yes, nearly.  That would have required it to have  had a hair more depth.  As such, I always have to layer a deeper hued powder blush over it, which takes a way some of the sheerness that I crave.


Tarte's Natural Cheek Stain is a well reviewed blush with legion's of fans.  It has been on my radar for quite some time. "True Love" caught my eye immediately.  It is significantly brighter than Posie Tint, but if one application would save me two steps it seemed worth a try.

I'm always appreciative that Sephora provides plenty of alcohol, makeup remover, tissues and cotton balls.  I gave True Love a sponge bath and then did the same to my cheek, so I could accurately gauge the color and texture.

It was exactly what I hoped for, sheer, yet more visible.  It is easy to apply. Essentially, I just dotted it on my cheekbones and then used my fingers to blend it just a bit.  I love how it made my cheeks glow and now 6 hours later, it hasn't streaked or faded.

Tarte's Natural Cheek Stain is available in 9 shades.  One has got your number.

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...