The Clock Stops Here...

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Getting to know Lisa Hochstein: Real Housewife of Miami


Lisa Hochstein
Photo by Paul Cobo Photography

Before Sandy hit town, I had the opportunity to chat with the lovely, vivacious and intelligent Lisa Hochstein, the break-out star of the new season of Bravo's Real Housewives of Miami.

Watching the show, Lisa struck me as warm and outgoing and on a show that can get more than a little raucous, level headed and wise beyond her 30 years...

What you see, is what you get, and we hit it off immediately.

During our conversation, I mentioned to Lisa that I was heading down to South Beach in a few days. She more than graciously invited me to her Halloween party which was being hosted in their new Star Island home. This annual A-List invite is also a fundraiser for some of she and her husband, prominent Dr. Leonard Hochstein's favorite charities; The Make-A-Wish Foundation, The Susan B. Komen Foundation and The Humane Society.

Lisa believes if you are going to throw an amazing party, why not also have it for a "purpose"?  Over the last 5 years, she and "Lenny" aka "The Boob God" have raised and donated more than $250,000!  (And believe me, if I could have juggled my plans and my flight quickly enough,  I wouldn't have missed it for the world).

Here are the highlights of my interview with the lovely Lisa:

DD: You have an exotic beauty that I can't put my finger on.  Where were you born and what is your heritage?

LH:  (laughs) you are not the first one to say that.  I was born in Toronto.  My Mother is Jamaican and German and my Father is Canadian and Scottish.

DD: You strike me as a "Girl's Girl" and let's face it, there is a ton of drama, some of it very nasty on the Real Housewives of any franchise.  What made you decide to join the cast?

LH: I thought it would be great fun and it is.  It's no secret that HW's can be a natural platform for additional ventures.  I am a fitness enthusiast and would love to be able to use my knowledge of exercise and diet to help other women.  I also have a deep interest in skincare and beauty.  I would also love to be able to launch my own line of products.

DD: What will be your first step towards achieving that?

LH: I have such a wonderful following on Twitter.  Fans are always asking me for  specifics about my lifestyle; what is my work out routine? What is my favorite night cream?  What foundation do I use? etc... So I just launched my website Lisa Hochstein, so I can share my lifestyle and tips.

DD:  I like how you manage to have fun on the show, but that you steer clear of the drama.  If 'push came to shove', so to speak, with any of the ladies, could you hold your own?

LH: I am a Leo through and through.  We are known for our charming, outgoing personalities, but if you crossed me or my husband, you would see the lion in me come out.

DD: You and Lenny obviously adore one another.  I laughed at the episode when you went to his office and planted pictures of yourself all over the place! I would do exactly the same in your shoes including wallpaper the bathroom...Tell me how you met?

LH: (laughs), I guess you can say I was marking my turf, but why not? Lenny does see half naked beautiful women for a living!  Women come from all over world to do breast augmentation and revisions with him, as well as many other procedures.

Lenny and I first met briefly in Las Vegas 5 years ago.  When I was visiting friends in Miami, Lenny heard through mutual friends that I was going to be in town and asked them to reintroduce us.  I didn't consider it a blind date, but ultimately, it was love at first sight for both of us. We married two years later.

DD: Was this his first marriage?

LH: Oh yes. Lenny was not the type to settle down...ever! His friends called me Lisa the Lion Tamer.

DD: Have you moved into your new house on Star Island yet?  It is absolutely spectacular. Congratulations!

LH: Thank you! We are quite excited.  Star Island is a special place and it was an excellent investment.  We haven't moved in yet.  We are doing some work in it.  I'm excited because it will feel like "our" house. Our home now is the one Lenny lived in as a bachelor and it has a lot of masculine touches.  I'm looking forward to working with our designer on the decor.

DD: You opened up on the show that you are having trouble conceiving. That was brave of you to be so forthcoming.  I think you will make an amazing Mom.  Have viewers been supportive?

LH: Oh, they have been incredible! Truly kind. It is such a good feeling to know that my fans are rooting for us.

DD:  What's been the most surprising thing that has happened since doing the show?

LH: I never imagined that I would develop such close relationships with my cast mates, but I have.  Also, I did not expect that fans would look up to me and ask for advice on so many topics. I like being able to help empower other women.

DD: Any regrets?

LH: Yes! Just one.  In the opening credits I say that I was Lenny's "best creation". People have interpreted that as meaning I have had head to toe plastic surgery, which is hardly the case.

I have had my breasts done and later revised by Lenny.  When I was 18, I tweaked my nose.  Neither of these things define me, but they did make me feel better about my appearance.  I don't think women should feel ashamed about undergoing plastic surgery, but I'm sorry that I chose that as my tag line.

DD: Well then we will just have to look forward to hearing your new one next season.  Thanks so much Lisa.  It's been a total pleasure. Much good luck with all of your ventures.

Can't you just tell what a Doll she is?  I hope you enjoyed reading my interview with Lisa Hochstein as much as I enjoyed writing it...

xox,
DD

1 comment:

  1. I think Lisa is lovely and down to earth. She should though, stop the plastic surgery. She is aging her pretty face and taking away from the character that defines beauty. A little tweak is all good, but when you start to look like a plastic doll that's getting too wierd.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...