The Clock Stops Here...

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Review: L'Oreals Youth Code BB Cream...for the eyes

L'Oreal  Youth Code BB Cream
$16.99

I like BB creams because I love multi-tasking products. Still trying to milk the last glimmer of my recent tan, I have been mixing Garnier's BB Cream in Medium-Dark, with Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB cream in Deep.  I knew it was working when my friends commented that the longer I was home, the tanner I  appeared.

An odd thing happened the other day.  I must have applied this mixture fairly close to my bottom lashes and tear trough and I noticed the way it illuminated my eye area was very flattering.  It occurred to me that if I had a BB cream in  a light shade, it might be a perfect lightweight highlighter for my eye area and the top of my  cheekbones.

Traditionally, I have found that products that are created for the purpose of  "highlighting" are usually thick, glittery and artificial looking.  Might this be the solution?  By sheer coincidence, there was a sample of L'Oreals Magic Skin Beautifier in Light in a magazine I was perusing.  I tried it out the next morning and I was thrilled with the result, so I went to CVS to purchase it...and then another...and another.
Magic Skin Beautifier comes in four shades allegedly.  The only two you will find are Fair and Deep.  I was in Target today and figure it would be mission accomplished.  Not so.  In fact, they didn't have any in stock.

I saw my equally beauty obsessed cousin Karyn at Thanksgiving.  She told me she had sampled L'Oreal's Youth Code BB Cream and had liked it.  I don't know why L'Oreal needed to create another BB cream or what the benefits of one of the other were, but now I was desperate...

I decided to look in the skincare aisle and alas, I found Youth Code BB Cream, with the other L'Oreal skincare items.  Victory at last.

I applied it tonight, over my makeup when I was touching it up before going out.  I used a few dots in the corner of my eye and tear trough, on the top of my cheekbones and a dot in my cupid's bow.  I achieved just the natural, rested look I was striving for.

What's the next incarnation of BB cream on the horizon??? Eye Beautifiers. Mark my words and good luck finding them...

xox,
DD


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...