The Clock Stops Here...

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Review: Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick




 
Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick$8.99

I always have a lipstick or three  stashed in every handbag, but the other day I was breaking in my new exquisite Holly Caldwell bag (available at Richards) and in keeping with it's minimalist spirit, I've been keeping things tightly edited and spare.

 

My husband and I went to an early showing of Skyfall, (entertaining, but could have been 20 minutes shorter,) which of course included popcorn.  As we were leaving the theatre, I went to reapply my lipstick...Quelle horreur, I came up empty.

Since we were then going out for lunch, I knew I had to pick something up pronto. There is a Target in the same mall as the movies, I darted in for a quickie...Since it was Target, I thought I might end up with something from Pixie or Sonia Kushak, but the newly reformulated Revlon ColorStay Lipsticks, called "Ultimate Suede" caught my eye...there were 20 shades, many of which looked natural and quite appealing.

Created with shea butter and aloe, they promise, "instant moisture, all-day color and a soft suede finish".
 
Good enough.   Color 070, ( I would need a jeweler's loupe to read the color name,) is exactly the rosy nude shade I covet.  It is "lip size" and is designed on a flat angle, so I took the liberty of applying it blind, immediately.  

When I go to the car and looked in the mirror, (yes, I paid for it) I was pleased with the color. Good enough...

I did find it to be quite drying,  Ultimately, it acts more like a stain then a lipstick,  Later, I applied it again before a cocktail party and added some gloss over it.  My lips looked pretty and the color stayed put as promised, for a few hours.  

Would I buy it again?  Probably not. Will I stash it in a handbag with a lip gloss?  Definitely yes.

Your call...

xox,
DD






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...