The Clock Stops Here...

Monday, April 21, 2008

Time To Green Up My Act?

My May Allure arrived on Saturday...Allure used to be strictly a manicure read for me... I finally realized, that all those products I was committing to memory, didn't make it as far as the second round under the nail dryer. (Anyone else worrying about sprouting age spots from those UV dryers)? At last, I broke down and subscribed.

I like their Editor Linda Well's point of view about most things. For a Beauty/Fashionista, she seems delightfully down to earth. I almost always learn something new and "must have" some product that is being touted. May just missed the mark. "How to Apply Self Tanner", again??? I already have a Master's in it. Hillary Duff? Am I the only one who can't tell the whole AshleeHillaryLindsayMiley crew apart? zzzzzzzzzz.

Alas, the only thing that snapped me out of my sun drenched reverie, was a Burt's Bees advertisement. Yes, Burt's Bees, of lip balm fame. I had heard some buzz, that they were trying to get more serious about skin care and had launched a new line using pomegranate as the chief ingredient. Sounds promising, but that's not what caught my eye. No, it was their body wash ad, comparing the safflower oil in Burt's Bees to the, "sodium lauryl sulfate" in mine. Apparently, SLS is, "used in industrial cleaners to clean garage floors". Huh? I've never been a Kiss My Face type... Never even warmed up to "Sicily", (the sable of natural skin care), generously sampled to me, for 5 years when I was a Personal Shopper at Saks. I like my stuff with a little man made zing, but industrial strength is a whole other ballgame...For the first time, I am reading the labels on the shampoos and body washes just in my shower. Suffice to say, I could probably make a go of making Madison Square Garden, Spic 'n Span.

So, May wasn't a total waste after all...Now I have to run out and buy Burt's Bee's Body Wash (99% natural). I am pretty stuck on Dove's creme body oil washes. That SLS sure makes some luscious lather, but if it even comes close, I will switch. It's going to take a lot to wash that "garage" image out of my brain.

What do you think? Can you be equally green and clean???

xox,
Dd




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...