The Clock Stops Here...

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Flashback Friday: Vichy Liftactiv Serum 10 Eyes & Lashes

$36 1 oz.
I recently bumped into my colleague Joe and his beautiful wife Lucille at Serafina's in East Hampton. It is always gratifying when people tell me, this product or that which, I reviewed, became a game changing favorite for them.

Lucille said, "I can't thank you enough for turning me on to Vichy Liftactiv Serum.  Just look at my lashes!!!" True enough, they were lovely, long and lush...

I originally ran out and purchased Vichy Liftactiv Serum, after reading that my blogger friend Jane Daly of Daly Beauty had such great success with it, she was forgoing mascara! (click here for the original post).

I too, had fantastic results without any of the habitual redness I inevitably develop with prolonged use of any lash enhancer I have ever used.


So why then had I stopped using it???

Not a clue...

Sometimes, I just move on, without rhyme or reason... I think cost may have had something to do with it. I could have sworn this use to retail for nearly $50, not your typical CVS price point, particularly for less than generous packaging.

Of course after seeing Lucille and my own pictures from my March 2014 blog, I had to run out and purchase it again STAT. Happily, it was only $36, much more palatable than I remembered. I have been using Vichy Liftactiv Serum for about 10 days, twice daily.  Already they appear fuller.

On a side note, I am completely out of Lancome Cils Booster XL Primer.  I knew this day was coming.  I have tried, unsuccessfully to purchase Clinique's Lash Primer several times this past week, but it's a sell out at Bloomingdales, Sephora and Nordstrom.

At not quite half the price, but close, can one primer be that much more effective than the other? I was dying to try it so I could report back to my you as well... Our day will come.

In the meanwhile, I had to brave the day, sans primer, and lo and behold, my newly fat lashes look mighty fine, all on their own. Imagine how they might look, when I get my hands on that Clinique Lash Primer?

So, Lucille, I thank you for reading and I thank you for reminding me that the best may not be to come; it was already here...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...