The Clock Stops Here...

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Are All Lash Primers Created Equally?

Clinique Lash Building Primer
$15.50

In a word, NO.

Why do you even need to use a  lash primer? For starters, a good one, is a great first coat for top and bottom lashes.  You can't mess it up, so I apply it with abandon. It's all about what it does for the second coat, your actual mascara. Basically, it amps up your lashes, making them appear thicker and longer. Actually, they will be, thicker and longer.  One coat will usually suffice.

My friend Suzanne had told me how incredible her lashes looked using Lancomes Cil Booster XL Lash Primer. The beauty Gods must have been smiling down on me, because I was able to pick up a sample of it, with my VIB points at Sephora on my very next visit.

In a word, WOWZA.

Since then, I have gone through two tubes. Though I wasn't mad for the price, $26, I was mad for the result.

On a Sephora run recently, I noticed that Clinique sold a "lash building" primer for over $10 less. Considering we are talking about lash primers, it's not an inconsiderable sum.  Too bad they were sold out, as was Nordstrom's and Bloomingdales. Finally, this past Saturday, Sephora was restocked.

Naturally, I was only more curious about a primer that flies off the shelves.  I asked Roy, one of my favorite Beauty Advisors, at Sephora in Greenwich, for his input on Clinique's Lash Building Primer vs. Lancome's  "I think you are going to be disappointed, ultimately, it's thinner, the coverage isn't as good and the result doesn't have as much impact."

Well, if you asked me my opinion, having used it for two days, I would say re-read the above.  Roy nailed it.

If you are going to spend the time on a two step approach, you might as well go with the one that gives the best result; Lancome Cils Booster XL Lash, despite the additional cost.

I went to return it yesterday to purchase the above, when I made another lash discovery...a mascara and primer kit.

xox,
DD

P.S. False Alarm!  I thought Too Faced's lash primer and mascara kit was the answer to all my dreams. After three days of using it, I can see the primer is going to run out way before the mascara. Back it goes! This time, I will stick with Lancome Cils Booster XL Primer and keep searching for my HG mascara. And the beat goes on...


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...