The Clock Stops Here...

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Burt's Bees Radiance Day Lotion: Protect Me, Protect Me Not?

Burt's Bees Radiance Day Lotion
$18.00

I had received a sample of Burt's Bees Radiance Day Lotion recently, with their lovely Radiance Cleanser and Body Lotion which I reviewed glowingly.  I put Radiance Day Lotion on the back burner because of the low SPF.  "7" seems and odd and arbitrary number for SPF in a moisturizer.

Curiosity definitely got the best of me, when the temperatures spiked to the 90's last week.  I could see this would be a lightweight moisturizer, which is always my preference in warmer months.

What a delicious texture!  I was delighted that my skin felt completely quenched with moisture and left my skin looking luminous.  I decided to check out Burt's Bees website to read more about this surprisingly good product, only to find a real surprise...According to the product information, Radiance Day Lotion has SPF 15 not 7!!!:

Our lightweight SPF 15 day lotion is specially created to enhance skin’s natural radiance while Calendula and Golden Seal Extracts help to soften and soothe skin. Formulated with Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide to provide broad-spectrum protection from the sun’s harmful rays, discover our best natural facial moisturizer with SPF for dull skin needing a youthful glow. Enriched with Royal Jelly, the result is naturally radiant, younger-looking skin.  

• Dermatologist Tested
• SPF 15
• Provides broad spectrum protection from sun’s harmful rays with Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide
• Infused with Royal Jelly, one of nature’s most powerful nutrients


Which pray tell is it???  I'm thoroughly confused.  So apparently were those who left reviews, bemoaning the switch from SPF 15 to 7.  

I will check with my friends at Tractenberg PR for clarification.  If it is in fact SPF 15, Burt's Bees needs to update their customers...starting by changing the label. I'm anxious to find out. 

It's the difference in m book of good to great.  Stay tuned for an update...

xox,
DD


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...