The Clock Stops Here...

Friday, April 1, 2016

Review: Garnier Ultra LIft Anti-Wrinkle Firming Night Cream




Back at the end of January, I wrote a post about Allure Magazines Top 9 Choices for Drugstore Anti-Aging Products.  Remarkably, my stashes were tapped out and I am always intrigued to try well touted drugstore skincare items, particularly when endorsed by some of the countries finest Dermatologist's.

Pretty much, I threw a dart and decided to try Garnier's Ultra-Lift Anti Wrinkle Night Cream, recommended by well regarded NYC Derm Dr. Francesco Fusco. Her take was that, "the combination of retinol and rice protein peptides in the gylcerin base, work together to stimulate collagen production while hydrating your skin".

Good 'nuff for me...

Dr. Fusco, somehow forgot to mention  that Garnier Ultra Lift Anti-Wrinkle Firming Night Cream smells quite like rancid sour cream.  I will sacrifice much for beauty and tried several nights to power through it.   Ultimately, no can do.

It has now been relegated to my knees, I tried it on my upper arms, but still couldn't bear it, and I don't consider myself to be someone with a particularly sensitive sense of smell.  On the plus side, my knees are looking pretty, pretty good after two months of use.

I have moved on to one of the lifting night creams in L'Oreal's Revitalift series, which smells just fine. Unfortunately, memory failed and I did not select  the L'Oréal Paris Revitalift Triple PowerSerum that was recommended.  God, it's confusing to make sense of all the nuances between these products...

So the net net, if you are ticking off that list as I will be doing, is to skip the Garnier, that is unless they start packaging it with clothes pins...

xox,
DD




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...