The Clock Stops Here...

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Review: Nuance by Salma Hayek Mineral Eyeshadow Duo

Nuance by Salma Hayek Mineral Duo Eyeshadow
$8.99 at CVS 


I'm fairly certain our second largest expense, besides our mortgage, is my monthly CVS bill.  I appreciate the nice perks, all those seemingly random 25% coupons, that I can send quickly to my loyalty card from my iphone, but half the time when I need a haul, they are not active.

Oh well...So one arrived 3 days too late, and I had to pick up a prescription anyway.  The chances of my buying nothing, with this additional 25% probably set to expire within the hour, was exactly nil.

On a whim, I picked up Nuance by Salma Hayek's Mineral Eyeshadow Duo for two reasons; the Dusty Rose/Sheer Champagne combo, was exactly the two shades I wear most and I was intrigued that the display was picked nearly clean....

Was I on to something???


Eyeshadow is deceptive stuff.  You would think that there would be precious little difference between drugstore shadow and high end shadow. If only ... They simply don't compare and I have tried them all.  The pigment, glide and staying power of the Smashbox, Chantecaille, Nars, Chanel, Bobbi Brown, Lancome, Anastasia shadows I own, are far, far superior to the L'Oreal, Maybelline and Revlon dupes I have tried, that look oh so pretty in the package, but just don't measure up.

The other difference of course is the price...Pretty much, if you want a beautiful shadow, you are going to pay for it...until now!

Now I know why that display of Salma Hayek Mineral Eyeshadow Duo's had so few left...It's the best drugstore eyeshadow I have ever used, with all of the properties of the big leagues. It's stunning when applied dry, leaving a deeply pigmented wash of color that stays put. It sweeps on without any tug or gaps. If you are looking for a bit more drama, or perhaps to use it as a liner, simply add a drop of water and blend.

Spectacular...Really!

I went online to do some due diligence for you.  Apparently, the duo's are available in 6 combinations. I only saw two (and I might add that calling the rich deeper shadow of the duo "Dusty Rose" is an odd moniker, so eyeball them closely.)  If I'm right, the easier, less expensive way to have access to the full inventory is to purchase them online.

So my Lovelies, a little cheap and cheerful tip from Diva, whose tried it all to start off your weekend.
As always, you are very welcome!!!

xox,
DD


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...