The Clock Stops Here...

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

L'Oreal Voluminous Superstar Mascara

L'Oreal Voluminous Superstar Mascara
$9-$13...depending



Longtime Lovelies, know I am always on the hunt for a spectacular drugstore mascara.   With so many launch spawns each year; Rimmel, Maybelline, CoverGirl as well as L'Oreal, all have at least 8 iterations of bump and plump to their lash brands, ya think it would be a no brainer.

I am currently a double devotee; Lancome Cils Booster XL Lash Primer followed by Too Faced Better than Sex Mascara it doesn't come cheaply.

We all know that L'oreal is Lancome's little stepsister, so I'm always hoping to find some remnant of the best of Lancome's product development in L'Oreals latest offerings. I purchased this thinking maybe I would luck out and find a twofer that would cost a quarter of the price.

So, did L'Oreal Voluminous Superstar Mascara, a two step mascara with a built in primer, meet or surpass my expectations???

Sort of...The primer is a winner, boosting lashes almost as perfectly as Lancome's Cil's Booster XL Lash Primer.  I was totally stoked...until I tried the mascara. I didn't mind that the brush is slimmer than Too Faced's, I find fat brushes difficult to maneuver, particularly in lash corners and on the bottoms.

What I did object to, was the thinner consistency and less than stellar results. Where was the lovely fan of lashes I had come to expect? Nowhere to be found, even with an extra coat.

Dang...

My Lancome primer is no longer prime (it does have a somewhat short shelf life,)  so I have been using the L'Oreal  Voluminous Superstar "step 1" primer with my new tube of Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara and will continue to,until it runs out.

So, for less than half the price, will I purchase it again as my new primer, even though "step 2" will never even get cracked open??? It feels oddly wasteful, even though it's more cost effective.

TBD and of course, the search continues...(do chime in with any suggestions!) I'm all eyes...and ears.

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...