The Clock Stops Here...

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy New Year and a Great Dupe to Kick Off 2016!


First and foremost Lovelies, I am wishing you a wonderful New Year, filled with joy, good health, safe travels and lots of new beauty finds! I treasure your loyalty and love the feedback that I get from you. 

Alas...if I only had a nickel for every product you ran out and bought upon my recommendation over the years! Big sigh...but believe me, I enjoy writing DivaDebbi and I'm thrilled to have amassed an audience the globe over, who enjoys reading it and trusts my recommendations. Thank you!

I will be doing a DivaDebbi Best of Beauty 2015 Roundup over the next few days and an updated list of my DivaDebbi Holy Grails, so do check back. In the interim, I continue to be on a roll, finding great drugstore brands for a fraction of my previous higher priced selections.  Let's add this to the pile of good wishes for the New Year too!

My Anastastia Brow Wiz Pencil was working just fine, until it wasn't...I wish it buzzed or had a flashing light to announce it was fini on the morning I needed it. I like a very fine tipped brow pencil. It may take a few more seconds to apply it, but I do so without fear of ending up looking like Joan Crawford. Medium Brown was a perfect hue for me. Nice stuff.

Anastasia of Beverly Hills Brow Wiz
$21.99 nine shades
I had a few returns and purchases to make at Ulta and decided before just diving in for a Brow Wiz replacement, to poke around. One of the nice things about Ulta, is that iit really is like the lovechild of Sephora and CVS. While it certainly does not carry all of Sephora's high end brands, there is a nice blend of class and mass, all under one giant roof.  This my Lovelies, is my idea of Nirvana.

I decided to see if I could get lucky on the "mass" side and cozied up to the large NYX cosmetics display. There I spied a near dead ringer for my Anastasia Brow Wiz called NYX Micro Brow Pencil. It took a few swipes to find that their 'Ash Brown" was as close to Anastasia's "Medium Brown" as I could hope to find. For $8.99 I was delighted to take a chance and while I was at it, picked up NYX Tinted Brow Mascara in "Chocolate" to boot, to fluff and set my brows. For $7.00, I was still way under what I would have spent on the Brow Wiz alone.
NYX Micro Brow Pencil
$8.99 eight shades


I'm happy to report that they are both excellent. I see zero discernible between the two pencils, save for the savings.  The brow gel is just fine too.

I'm not sure if I will really end up on the plus side of all my bargains, but the thrill of the hunt is taking on a new dimension. Like the Millennials, I'm trying for the first time in my life to be a bit more conscious of "need" and following the same path, "cost".

Fear not. It will pass...

All the best to you and yours,

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...