The Clock Stops Here...

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Take It All Off: Lierac vs. MAC




I first discovered LIERAC Paris Diopti Demaq, in well, Paris.  I had forgotten my eye makeup remover and happened upon it, in a beautifully stocked small pharmacy.

It has such a lovely consistency. Diopti Demaq is a crystal clear gel that contains floral water of rose, cornflower and mallow extract and gently and cleanly removes all traces of eye makeup.  It is also infused with vitamin B5 and keratin, which helps to prevent lash loss and will leave your eyes feeling contoured and refreshed.

It was best remover I had ever found and lasted for well over 6 months. Imagine my surprise when I realized Lierac Paris Diopti Demaq was available at CVS upon my return. It had been right under my nose and I didn't even know it.

I purchased it many times over the years, occasionally trying other products,
always returning...until it disappeared off the shelves and Lierac's website.

Tragique.

Yes, there are some lonesome tubes floating around on Amazon, but if they had expiration dates, I suspect they might be long past them.

I had high hopes for finding Diopti Demaq on my recent trip to London.  My friend Nancy, indulged me as we traipsed into every pharmacy we passed.  No luck.

In desperation, I picked up a travel size of MAC's  Pro Eye Makeup Remover at a MAC store, as I had also lost a new Urban Decay lip liner I had recently purchasaed and the last of my MAC "Soar" stash had dwindled to one lone nub.

MAC Pro Eye Makeup Remover
Travel Size $10

It has the consistency of water, which is fine with me, (anything but oil, please) and quickly removes all traces of eye makeup. The only glitch is that you need quite a bit of product to do it.  Within a week, I had used half the bottle.

Nancy had used it successfully in the past to fix makeup goofs and to remove eye makeup that needs refreshing but not redoing from scratch.

I think I will keep the remainder of my travel bottle for just those uses.

In the meanwhile, my search to replace my beloved Diopti Demaq continues. Don't you just hate when a favorite product gets the boot???

Suggestions welcome...

xox,
DD

6 comments:

  1. I love Lierac. I buy from Sweetcare. I believe they ship to US (from Portugal) and they have this makeup remover. I'm not sure if I can post a link here, but it's there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Dear!!!
    Much appreciated.

    xo,
    DD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi DD - my google search gave me this.

    https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=lierac+paris+diopti+demaq&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

    Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Body Shop Chamomile Make up remover for my eye makeup. Have been loyal to it for years. Was sad when Body Shop left the Westchester Mall. I always pick up a bottle or 2 when I travel to Cinci-they have a store at the airport!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. IgAZ, you are so Sweet! It is possible to find it, in time they will just be the old ones, sadly they seem to have discontinued it.

    xo,
    DD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mona!!!!
    Hi friend! I didn't realize they exited the Westchester! Good to know. If you loved it, I bet I would too..

    xo,
    DD

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...