The Clock Stops Here...

Friday, June 29, 2012

Review: Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy


Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy Shampoo
and Conditioner $5.99 drugstores  nationwide




Experience has shown me to be the sucker who runs out and purchases any product with even the tiniest twist on "new".  The concept behind Unilever's Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy is that we have gotten it all wrong...it's not our hair we should be worrying about it's our scalps.

Uncharacteristically, that didn't resonate with me as a reason to run out and buy it. As well,  the packaging is fairly generic.  Nothing was screaming, "Buy Me" about Clear Scalp and Hair Therapy, including the name. Meh...

Nicely, my friend Jackie Silver author of Aging Backwards gave me hers to try.  There are several formulations: Total Care, Strong Lengths, Volumizing Root, Damaged and Color Treated, Ultra Shea, and a product for Men.  Here is how they are described: 

New CLEAR SCALP & HAIR BEAUTY THERAPY Total Care Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioner System for all hair types is clinically proven to help restore scalp's natural moisture balance when using the shampoo and conditioner regimen. Formulated with Nutrium 10, an advanced moisture complex of vitamins and nutrients including vitamins B5, C and E, sunflower, almond, soybean and coconut oils, and aloe vera, the system gently cleanses and nourishes the scalp and hair.

I used the "Total Care" shampoo and conditioner (which I think is the most basic, and probably a good one to start with), on Thursday night. I had a very pleasant experience in the shower. Clean Scalp & Hair Therapy is clean smelling, and created a rich, creamy lather.  The conditioner did not feel leaden and it rinsed out easily.  The real surprise was when I took the towel off my head...
I've never seen my wet hair shine before, but shine it did.  I couldn't stop staring at my scalp and I was excited to dry it.

To my amazement, my hair looked incredible. Every section behaved and dried to thick, bouncy, shiny perfection. (* The only other product I used was my summer staple, John Frieda's 3-Day Straight). Even better, Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy is only supposed to get better with continued use.

My hair often feels quite silky after I dry it, but I frequently wonder why it doesn't stay feeling that way for more than a few hours.  Today was hot and humid, but my hair remained both shiny and silky despite the horrible hair conditions.

Honestly, I can't stop touching my hair!

I guess there really is something to the science of treating the scalp as the Alpha Dog...my hair is glowing.

Woof woof.


xox,
DD

5 comments:

  1. I have been a Bumble & bumble die hard for about 15 years...I don't know why, but I tried this line too, except the Volumizing Shampoo and Total Care Nourishing Conditioner-great combo. Better than anything I've used from Bb ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew Anon!
    I love having a little validation on this one! Isn't it amazing? My hair even looked decent on the beach today. Now THAT is a miracle.

    Thanks for commenting.

    xox,
    DD

    ReplyDelete
  3. It IS amazing, that's why I gave it to you to try!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay, you've convinced me to give a try! ..that is after I read the ingredients, I have an allergy to certain preservatives that are common in hair and face products, so it's difficult to find something that works well and doesn't have this preservative in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I quite like reading an article that can make people think.

    Also, many thanks for permitting me to comment!
    Feel free to visit my weblog how options work

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...