The Clock Stops Here...

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Glytone Step-Up Mild Gel Wash Cleanser is a Step-Up

Glytone Cleansers 6.7 oz. $30
I have to admit, these days before I go out and buy anything new, I check my goodie closet first to see what I might have unused and never tried...and there is plenty.

"Roses" are having a beauty moment (probably for the 11,000 time) and I have been testing a cleanser infused with lots of it.  While it did a nice job of gentle cleansing with my beloved Clarisonic Mia, it was a wee too cloying, particularly in the morning, so I needed to move on.

I spied a never opened Glytone Step-Up Mild Gel Wash, with a "Free Acid Value" of 4.7 in my vanity.  I know I put it there, but other than that, I have no clue where it came from, but now I'm glad I have it.

This exquisitely light aqua gel, does a fabulous job of removing every trace of makeup without any sense of stripping or drying. Very little product is needed.  If I had been a little swifter, I would have realized the "gly" in Glytone, represents "glycolic acid", an anti-aging skincare ingredient I firmly believe in.

I did a little online research and found Glytone's cleansers (and there are several), to be highly rated by users at Dermstore.com and endorsed by well known dermatologists who use it exclusively in their practices.

It is an extensive line that tackles various skin issues like rosacea, hyperpigmentation, acne, anti-aging and  post-op needs.  I found the company history to be interesting. It makes sense to me now why so many physicians embrace it.




The foundation for GLYTONE’s future started back in 1943, when 2 pharmacists began making exclusive topical dermatological skincare products. The true benefits of Free Glycolic Acid were only starting to be discussed in 1998. Then in 1992, under the name Genesis Pharmaceuticals, GLYTONE was created as the physicians-only glycolic acid product line that provides the highest skin rejuvenation efficacy and targeted solutions for skin health through the utilization of the highest free acid levels available. In 2002, Pierre Fabre Dermo-Cosmetique bought Genesis Pharmaceuticals and with it the GLYTONE brand, the only American brand to exist within the company.
Pierre Fabre has been a major player in dermatology for over 40 years and has had over 45 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry. As the group behind the GLYTONE brand, our rigor and pharmaceutical know how shines in top expertise in research and development, offering scientific solutions that guarantee optimal tolerance and efficacy. Health and safety are at the core of all of Pierre Fabre’s formulations. GLYTONE promises to continue this commitment, as it invests in assuring the best possible synergy between dermatological and cosmetic practices.
This unique partnership makes GLYTONE stand apart from the others, we are not just about the beauty we bring, it is the scientific and medical rigor through precision, purity and expertise that allows us to truly commit to providing customized skincare solutions both in-office and at-home.


And so, having learned something new today and have the pleasure of clean, scent free, glowing skin to show for it, I'm going to go shopping in my goodie closet more often.


There's no place like home...


xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...