The Clock Stops Here...

Friday, June 1, 2012

Almond Joy: Laura Mercier's new Almond Coconut Milk Scrub

Laura Mercier Almond Coconut Milk Scrub $46

Some of my fondest, earliest memories were my bath time rituals as a toddler.  While bedtime can be an exhausting ritual for parents, I couldn't wait to be bathed, creamed, powdered, slipped into cool cotton pajamas and tucked into bed.

Remarkably, not much has changed...

As much as I love Laura Mercier cosmetics, I am also a huge fan of her bath and body collections.  I have used several products from her Creme Brulee and Fresh Fig collections and enjoyed them all. I have also given them as gifts, since they make a lovely presentation and are always happily received.

When I received word that Laura Mercier launched her new "Summer Scentsational" Almond and Coconut Milk collection, I was excited.  I love both of these elements when used in body products. (I don't mind eating them either.) Laura's goal was to recreate a, "tropical island ambiance" and it has quickly become a celeb fave.

I like to use a body scrub several times a week. I knew from experience that LM's scrubs are not heavily oil based like many others  Cheers to that-- I have learned the hard way that most of the scrubbing that will get done is with a sponge on the floor of my shower .  No thanks.

The Almond Coconut Milk Scrub I received is a generous 12 ounces.  If you appreciate the smell of almond and coconut as much as I do, you will have to steel yourself from taking a little taste...it's positively intoxicating.

A little product will go a long way on damp skin. To keep from wasting it, I would rub it into each extremity away from the spray of the shower.  Infused with vitamin A and E,  and a bit of grapeseed and olive oil, the skin is completely pampered.

The polishing granules are sugar based and very gentle. Coconut milk creates a creamy lather that cleanses, removes dead skin cells and rinses cleanly, yet my skin felt so soft, I questioned whether or not I would need to use body lotion...

Naturally, now I was thinking how heavenly it would have been to have the Almond and Coconut Milk Souffle Body Creme or Body Butter from the complete collection. I was delighted with how polished and glowing my skin appeared after just one use.


Laura Mercier Almond Coconut Milk Scrub is recommended for use every other day, but for those of you who like me, can't get enough of a good thing, it is mild enough to be used everyday, or in my case every night.

My bath time beckons and sweet tropical dreams await. Don't you deserve a little babying too?

xox,
DD


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...