The Clock Stops Here...

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Still Pur-fect



In October of last year, I blogged about an ingenious makeup called PurMinerals, that combines concealer, foundation, SPF 15 and face powder in one tidy compressed compact.  I don't know what's better, it's multi-tasking capabilities or the fact that it isn't sprinkled like fairy dust allover my bathroom.

Last week, I went to the City, to see Pur's new fall collection.  PurMinerals executive Julie Campell and the Tractenberg P.R. team were quite excited about introducing the  new "app" they developed for I Phone users. .  You can be your own Matisse, by downloading your picture and "trying on" makeup.  It even has the capability to heighten the intensity of the look, by increasing the pigment and you can create a folder to save your looks.  All I need is an I Phone!!!

Celebrity Makeup Artist Jackie Gomez, a Kim Kardashian lookalike, who has collaborated with Beyonce, for the last 8 years, was on hand to work a little magic on us, with the two new kits they are offering for Fall.  One kit was bronze based and the other was rose base.  Both will include either the Mineral Bronzer or Foundation, and a coordinating eyeshadow trio, eyeshadow brush and a lip gloss.  I had to ask twice, when Julie mentioned the price...drum roll...$30.00!!!, (available on line beginning August 15th).  PurMinerals falls right into that rare beauty sweet spot---Phenomenal, chemical free makeup, that performs like top tier makeup and checks out at a Clinique price point.  

In the last week, I have used the following products:  Colour Correcting Primer in Peach, a touch of Pressed Mineral Makeup in Golden Medium, under my eyes and around my nose, (with their snub nosed brush for perfect application), Mineral Bronzer, Eye Prep,  (a worthy step that keeps my eyes fresh and smudgeless until it's time for bed),  Perfect Fit Eyeshadow Trio in Goddess, (the bisque, rose and dark taupe of my dreams),  Pink Marble Powder for my blush and a natural nude pink lip, outlined with Pink Gypsum Lip Pencil and finished with Enchanted Lip Gloss.  I am absolutely loving every item!


I don't think my cosmetic bag normally looks any different than yours...a hodgepodge of brands... new, old, high and low end, but this week, mine was 90% Pur.  It occurred to me, that if I had to choose only one brand of makeup of makeup to use forever  for awhile, it could very well be PurMinerals.  


Now here's the rub.  PurMinerals is sold online through their website and primarily at Ulta Beauty  across the U.S., trouble is,  I don't have an Ulta!!!  Fortunately, I have a heard start, because I know which colors work for me.  Hopefully, you either have an I Phone or an Ulta, so you can see for yourself why I am so excited about this stuff. 


Somehow, I will work around it...I am curious to try their eye pencils, mascara, and brow kit.  I can't imagine having a cosmetic bag filled with just one brand---can you??? Beauty monogamy...what a concept!!!


xox,
DD






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...