The Clock Stops Here...

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Ole Olay (Part 1)


I am happy to report, that Divadebbi, was recently picked up by two Internet media companies, Glam Media and Totalbeauty.com. Both sites have tons of interesting articles and Fashion and Beauty blogs, which I enjoy trolling (links to both are on the right side under the "fold", my new lingo). Check 'em out, when you have a free nanosecond...

One of the things I like best about Totalbeauty, is that by category, every nook and cranny that has a product devoted to it, is reviewed by Blogger's like me and reader's like you. I now use it as a regular resource, to check on products, "scores" and reviews, before purchasing them.

Totalbeauty's raves for Olay's Firming and Sculpting, Regenerist, was the final push I needed to go out and buy it. I loved it so much, I recently blogged about it. The next step, was to check out how Olay Regenerist's, Daily Rejuvenating Serum fared, since fellow reviewers also lavished it with praise and a "9" out of 10 stars. Mid aisle, I hit a mental roadblock...right above the Olay offerings, were the CVS cousins, promising the same ingredients and effectiveness for $5 bucks less. I already feel like I am slumming it a bit, buying my skin care regimen in the same place you can purchase bowel cleanser... Am I penny pinching, to the point, where I am buying generic mass beauty products???... Apparently. After checking the ingredients, and finding they were not only identical, but listed in identical order, I figured, why not? I took it as a heads-up, that they were offering a "fragrance free" version, and went ahead and bought it.

Now, if this stuff, which smells hard boiled eggs and cyanide, is the "fragrance free" version, I can't imagine what kind of olfactory bullet I've dodged. Coupled with the slightly, greasy texture, I am hitting the remorse button, and trolling the trash for my receipt. Lo and behold, it is settling in nicely and I am on the verge of glow. I am gonna keep it, but next time I will splurge for the "good stuff".

xox,
Dd

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...