The Clock Stops Here...

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Fashion Forward...


I love my clients who enjoy shopping slightly ahead of the season...Forget the temperatures outside...my brain is now firmly focused on fall fashion. Shop early, and you scoop up the best of the season, pristine and in your size. Take the plunge and get it altered now, delivered before Labor Day. If you wait for the first cold snap, you've already missed it. Truly insane, but truly true.

I always do a Trend Report, before each season for my clients and this past spring, I repeated it, on my blog. I am so excited now, that I will tell you what's inspiring me for fall and if needed, I will update it as we get a little deeper into the season.

A perfectly cut jacket- Slightly longer and shaped. It's been awhile...and suddenly it looks right again. Whether it is in cashmere or velvet, it should fit to the tee and then you can wear it over everything.

Gorgeous Knitwear- Texture, texture, texture. Sweaters are chunky, cabled, nubby, short sleeved, close to the body and over sized. Luxe and luscious.

Wide leg trousers- Whistle clean, slightly higher at the waist, relaxed and jaunty looking with that perfect jacket or a fabulous sculptured sweater.

Pencil skirts and narrow pants- Lean and leggy, sexy yet tidy, If you've got the bod for it, go for it.

Sheath dresses- A la Jackie O./Michelle O. Clean, elegant, no nonsense, often belted. Wear them with suede or patent Manolo's.

Jewel Tones- Face flattering plums and purples, teal and bottle greens, sapphire and peacock blues, ruby reds, look richest paired with all shades of grey and back to black.

Florals- fall bouquets bloom on dresses, skirts, and are sculpted into knits and on shoes and handbags.

Whose collections are stand outs??? Michael Kors, who manages to make 50's and 60's inspired clothes feel perfectly modern. Cucinelli, Loro Piana and Hermes for giving us the most divine, luxe sportswear in the world, Lela Rose and Rachel Roy's pretty dresses with flirty touches like feathers, matte sequins and chiffon panels. Akris, who always nails luxe and modern in a gorgeous, wearable pallette, Dolce and Gabbana, for getting back to the their fitted roots and giving us what we want, Luciano Barbera and Agnona who make classic jackets that are never boring.

So did I inspire you to get a jump start? I am desperately cranky that August is around the corner, summer is too fleeting, but I know I will be feeling better, when my fall special orders arrive...

xox,
Dd

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...