The Clock Stops Here...

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Update: L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara

L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara
$10 (in the Hinterlands, somewhere...)



Well Lovelies, I told you the Internet was blowing up over this  Too Faced Better Than Sex dupe by L'Oreal.  Glamour just reviewed it just reviewed it and there editor was pleased with her results.

I finally got to CVS and was initially flummoxed not to find it among, maybe twenty different L'Oreal Mascara offerings, (if men wore mascara daily, there would be two choices from one product; waterproof and non-waterproof. Period.)

Then my brain cells kicked up a notch and went to the front of the store where the newest launches live... Voila!

I got lucky. There were only two left; one Black and the other Blackest Black. Guess which one I chose???? Riiiiiight.


Blackest Black, natch.  So after all this fanfare, how did Voluminous Lash Paradise fare???

Very well, thank you.  The brush is definitely a Too Faced dupe. The product goes on cleanly, with no clumps, no chemical smells and left my lashes looking full and
and defined, with just a single coat, post L'Oreal primer.

All in all, for my $10  $11.99, I'm pleased.  Mascara is not a purchase I want to splurge on and I think they have done the women of the world a service, by providing a premium product priced for every budget.

Enjoy...

xox,
DD

3 comments:

  1. I tried it this week and thought it was above-average. However, my favorite drug store mascara is L'Oreal's Miss Manga mascara - it is fabulous! It has a big brush (similar to Dior's Diorshow) and makes my lashes sooo long. Have you tried it? (here's the link so you can see a photo: https://www.lorealparisusa.com/products/makeup/eye/mascara/voluminous-miss-manga-mascara.aspx)

    I love your blog; keep up the great work! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kai!
    Thanks for the kind words. I have not tried Miss Manga! Is that a Pop reference? Such a strange name for a mascara. I am less enamored with it as the week is going on. Yesterday I found a Hypnose Lancome sample in my stash. My goodness, I forgot how SPECTACULAR it is... Went out and purchased a full size since I had my Ulta 20 off coupon. Thanks for sharing!

    xo,
    DD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think 'manga' refers to the big eyes in Japanese cartoons. Next time you're at Target, you might give it a try... : )

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...