The Clock Stops Here...

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Speaking of Brows...

Benefit Gimme Brow 3 Shades
$24
L'Oreal Brow Styler Plumper
Light/ Med, Med/Dark and Translucent
$9.99

A few years back I discovered Benefit's Gimme Brow a tinted gel with built in fibers. It's a fabulous product and surprisingly, has not been copied in the mass cosmetic market until now.

Benefit has now increased their Gimme Brow shade options to three, they also seem to have shrunk the tube by a third.  I was, frankly, shocked and a wee cranky, when I took it out of the package.

Wha happind???

Though still great, I couldn't help feeling this is way too little product for $24, (formerly $22).  A few days later I noticed L'Oreal Brow Styler Plumper was winning rave reviews by beauty editors.  Unfortunately, wherever I searched for it in the tinted shades, it was sold out.

Finally, I snagged a Med/Dark Brow Styler Plumper. Granted, it doesn't contain fibers, which do add thickness, but it is a tinted gel, with a similarly shaped small wand.  My brows are reasonably full, so I find I really don't miss it. My brows after styling looked just fine, (especially topped with a whisk of clear N.Y.C. New York Color Show Time Lash & Brow Mascara).

Bottom line???  All things being almost equal, More Product + Less Price = A Smarter Purchase.  In my book, anyway. So today, I Gimmied my Gimme Brow, right back to Sephora...

xox,
DD









No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...