The Clock Stops Here...

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

YSL's Touche Eclat: The Best Gets Better


YSL's Cult Classic Touche Eclat
$40
I did a bit of damage the other day at Sephora, in the midst of a case of mid-winter blahs. Besides, I was actually out of a few faves that needed replacing.

I never imagined that I was going to get to the bottom my Amazing Concealer.  Had I been apprised of it, I probably would have purchased the smaller $27 tube. Since I wasn't, I bit the bullet and spent $42, but it has lasted for 9 months and I was really pleased with the coverage and long wear.

While I was shopping, I took a moment to revisit Touche Eclat, YSL's cult classic concealer and highlighting pen. When I used it years ago, there was only one shade.  I thought it looked well, until I noticed in photographs that I often had  dreaded, "raccoon eyes"...Touche Eclat was simply too light for my skin tone.


It's now available in 12 Shades, and I honed in on 3.5 Luminous Almond, created for, "medium complexions with warm undertones"...my perfect match.  The product has always been dispensed through a "click pen" onto a synthetic brush, which delivers just the right amount. Using it over my new Tarte BB Cream today, I was pleased to see that I looked truly rested and refreshed and I was pleased to get compliments as well.

For those of you are unfamiliar with Touche Eclat, it is well described here on Sephora's website:

What it is:
A luminizing pen that brings light and radiance to the skin, immediately erases any signs of fatigue, and brightens the complexion.

What it does:
Loved by models, makeup artists, celebrities, and women everywhere, the award-winning Yves Saint Laurent TOUCHE ÉCLAT Radiant Touch is like eight hours of sleep and an instant pick-me-up in a magic wand. With a few strategically placed strokes of TOUCHE ÉCLAT, the complexion immediately looks rested, rejuvenated, and radiant.

What else you need to know:
TOUCHE ÉCLAT banishes shadows and tired-looking eyes by adding light and creating an instant lift to the eye area. TOUCHE ÉCLAT widens eyes when used between the eyebrows and along the sides of the nose, and creates fuller looking lips when used in the hollow of the chin and around the contour of the lips. It's formulated for all skin types and for anyone who wants instant radiance, luminosity, and lift.

I don't think this is necessarily the best product for people who have very dark circles and as I read through the reviews, those who rated it less highly, were those who felt the coverage was insufficient.

If dark circles are a problem for you, I still stand behind Amazing Concealer as an excellent choice.

Anyone looking to brighten up their face, however, may enjoy the highlight properties and with 12 shades, you are sure to find your perfect match too.

In this case, everything old is new again and in Touche Eclat's case, improved.

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...