The Clock Stops Here...

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Review: Lumene Sensitive Touch Cleansing Wipes

Lumene Sensitive Touch Cleansing Wipes $7/ 25 per pack
I am maniacally fastidious about removing every stitch of makeup before bed.  Regardless of the hour or festivities that proceeded it, I cannot bear the thought of going to sleep with clogged pores, soldered lashes or without performing my nightly skin care rituals.

I tend to be a bit of a night owl, so when I crawled under the covers for warmth while watching some late night television, it never occurred to me I might fall asleep...but it happened.  I woke up around 2:30 horror struck by the fact that I was still in full maquillage

If I got up and did my usual routine, I might as well put up a pot of coffee and start my day.  Then I remembered I had received but never tried Lumene's Sensitve Touch Gentle Cleansing Wipes.  Why had I not bothered to open them, despite my positive track record with other Lumene products ???  Because until now, I have never been impressed with how any cleansing cloths I have used in the past have cleansed.  Waterproof mascara??? Puh-leaze...

I padded around my goodie closet and pulled out my package of alcohol-free Lumene Sensitive Touch Gentle Cleansing Wipes.  If a half slumber, I took at out two, and in a circular motion, removed my face makeup.  They have a lovely smell and I could quickly see that it was removing everything rapidly and completely.  Next on to my eyes.  I do love everthing about Benefit's They're Real Mascara except for the chore of removing it.  I was amazed to see every bit of mascara coming off in just a few wipes...

Essentially, what normally takes me a good 5-7 minutes was accomplished in less than 1.  I whisked on some La Peau nightcream and hopped right back into bed, mightily impressed.  Hands down, the best cleansing wipe on the market.

Last night I was curious to try this again, while not in a somnambulist state.  I was every bit as impressed, perhaps even more with how Sensitive Touch Cleansing Wipes performs.  I followed up with some toner just to see if there was any residual makeup and my cotton ball was still pristine.  Wowza!

Will I be ditching my usual routine in favor of using them everynight?  No.  But I know the perfect place to store them just in case I need them again. 22 of them now reside in my bed side night table and on a lazier night, I know just where to find them...

xox,
DD

3 comments:

  1. Well this is the BEST news I have heard.  My "They're Real' Mascara was in the bag of things I was giving away to my friend....simply because I cannot find anything to remove it. Love the mascara but tired of losing lashes everytime I try to remove it. Cannot wait to try these. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. quintessenceblogSunday, January 29, 2012

    Wow - these sound terrific and particularly wonderful for travel! I will have to google and find them online! Great tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Girls,
    They are really effective.  Q. you read my mind...I really should have mentioned they would be perfect for travelling. 
    Karen!
    I share your pain.  Despite trying 3 eye makeup removers intended for waterproof mascara, I  have still struggled with They're Real Removal.  Hopefully this will work for you as well.  I moistened mine a bit with warm water for a little more effect.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...