The Clock Stops Here...

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Does Revlon's Age Defying DNA Advantage Foundation Have One?

I'm thinking it just might and hoping of course that it does. The concept of combining makeup and skincare was certainly long overdue and is a welcome trend.  If we are slathering makeup on everyday, why not throw a little somethin somethin in there besides SPF, that may actually do us some good...

Gucci Westman, renown celebrity, runway and editorial makeup artist, has been the Global Artistic Director for Revlon since 2008.  She's oft quoted professing her love of Revlon's Age Defying DNA Advantage Foundation.  It's piqued my interest before.

Yesterday, on whilst another  CVS/Pharmacy run, I noticed a display for Revlon's new Photo Ready Air Brush Mousse Foundation.  The poster child was none other than the delightful Emma Stone...


Tempted, naturally, to try it, I had a little chat with myself.  What would really be a better match for me?  The foundation Gucci personally wears and touts or the airy mousse being pitched by a flawless 20 something?  Reality seeped in, and I revisited the Age Defying display.
Honey Beige looked like it would be a seamless match and in fact it is. I tried it this morning straight up, over a bit of Rimmel Fix & Perfect Primer.  I pumped just a bit on my palm, and used my fingertips to apply this featherweight, almost gel like foundation on my skin.  Flawless, dewy skin is what I am always trying to achieve, (aren't you)? and I was mightily impressed with what relected back at me, (particularly since it was morning).
I topped my cheekbones off with a little Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer, (which is heavy on gleam) and stepped back to admire my handiwork...hugely pleased!
I looked on Revlon's website to read about what I might expect as my "advantage" from continued use.

Here is what they promise:

Revlon Age Defying with DNA Advantage Cream Makeup combines makeup + powerful anti-aging skincare to help protect skin's DNA to fight the signs of aging. 96% of women saw flawless, younger-looking skin in two weeks. Lines and wrinkles are visibly diminished while skin is refreshed, hydrated, revitalized. SPF 20. $14.99.

Wow!  Them's fighting words!  So glad I listened to me... I guess reality checks are an advantage of maturity. I'll take that, and any other "advantages" they can cram in that bottle. How about you???

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...