The Clock Stops Here...

Monday, January 30, 2012

DivaDebbi's Red Carpet Report Card: SAG Awards 2012

All in all, I thought it was a pretty fabulous night on the Red Carpet.  Of course I'm always hoping for a few cringeworthy, what were they thinking appearances...Thankfully, I wasn't completely disappointed.  So here we go:

A+-  Here's who rocked my world:
Rose Byrne in a Couture Elie Saab jumpsuit with sleek locks

The adorable Emma Stone in  navy Alexander McQueen

Dianna Agron in Carolina Herrera with stunningly soft hair and makeup
Amber Heard in Zac Posen

Emily Clarke (whoever she may be) in Chanel

Beautiful Gretchen Mol in L'Wren Scott

Jayma Mays shines again in Reem Acra

Michelle Williams best ever RC turn in Valentino


Octavia Spencer in another well done Tadashi Shoji
Congrats!!!

I loathe her breathy poses, but Lea Michele redeemed herself
nicely, in this more youthful dove grey Atelier Versace


Shailene Woodley looking fresh and age appropriate in Valentino

Power Couples did not disappoint (except for Brad's lanky locks):

My faves Armie Hammer and his beautiful wife Elizabeth in Gucci

The lovely Emily Blunt in Oscar de la Renta with husband John Krasinksi

George in Armani. Stacey stunning in a black lace Marchesa

Kyra Sedgwick  never better in Pucci with Kevin Bacon
 (23 years married.. that's 107 in Hollywood years)

The Jolie-Pitt's. A bit of a comedown in Jenny Packham after the  GG's
but still otherworldly and I want her earrings.

Diane Lane, pretty in a one shouldered David Meister with Josh Brolin
The B List- Natalie Portman.  Poor Nat.  We expect soooo much from her!  She was perfectly pretty in a burgundy Giambattista Valli...it just lacked the WOW factor.  Julie Bowen,  much improved in a purple Temperley, Jessica Chastain in an azure Calvin Klein.  I can't put my finger on it, but it just missed A list.
And yes, even my girl crush Sophia Vergara:

Sophia Vergara, gorgeous as ever but we've seen this look a thousand times.
Change is good Sophia
The C List- Who missed the mark???


Kristen Wiig in a Balenciaga stunner with a Fred Leighton Pit Bull collar.
Shoot me if you must, but I am strongly suspecting the collar is a
"beard" for much needed chin and neck work

Julianna Margulies in a dull Calvin Klein with Craft Fair earrings and bad hair

For a "custom Marchesa" I didn't care for the fit.
Or the dress.  Or the hair.  Congrats though!!!

Glenn Close in yet another, overwrought Zac Posen that scream's,
"I'm long over 50 and need to hide my arms".
I could have lived with it, sans train.

Tina Fey, disappointing as always, in an uninspired dress
 from Loehman's Back room and lackluster hair

Melissa McCarthy in Badgley Mischka. Yes, I recognize the challenges...
But all she is missing is the cap and diploma

F for WTF were they thinking???:


Busy Phillips.  Did we learn nothing from Sarah Michelle Geller's
blue and white L'Hullier monstrosity at the GG's???

Tilda Swinton in a Quiana nighite by Lanvin


Kylie Cuoco in Romana Kevza that looks
like a Mexican Quinacera dress (Sweet 15)

Meryl Streep in a Vivienne Westwood elephant grey
Monk's robe, cinched with a weight lifting belt.
So my lovelies, who did you love and who did you loathe???  Agree, Disagree, or Agree to Disagree, it's all in good fun.  Next up?
The Emmy's...till then.

xox,
DD








2 comments:

  1. Agree with all!  Nice job... Saved me from watching the whole Red Carpet ..Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias!  I try...:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...