The Clock Stops Here...

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Almost Pur-Fect

Back in August, I wrote about my second go round with Pur Minerals, after trying a preview of their new fall collection,  (Still Pur-Fect 8/11/10).  I was so enchanted with their 4 in 1 pressed mineral foundation,  face and eye primer, lip gloss, lip liner, bronzer and eyeshadow trio, that  I mused aloud  I could theoretically, be loyal to only PurMinerals.   Since I think of myself as notoriously fickle product hussy, I was surprised I ever gave voice to it....well, good thing I did, because PurMinerals sent me some other key items from  their basic collection to try.
I was curious if others felt about PurMinerals's, the way I did, since it is not as well known as other brands.  I searched all of these products individually, on TotalBeauty's website, to read the user reviews.  I also checked PurMinerals website to see what type of feedback was left for each of these products, plus the lipsticks, eye pencils and brow kit they sent.   Well I was not alone, that's for sure!  On both websites the reviews were glowing.

The mineral lipsticks, infused with shea butter, are both creamy and highly pigmented.  The most natural looking of the colors I was sent was "cinnabar" and I have used it down to a nub.  The self sharpening eye pencil is an absolute winner.  It glides on like a dream and stays put all day, everyday. The last thing I tried was their brow kit, which includes wax and powder.  Surprisingly, it is only available in one color; a neutral taupe.  For me, it's great for daytime, but for night, I use my Benefit's Just Browsing Kit, which has a richer brown, that provides a more dramatic look.  I don't think the one taupe fits all concept is practical.  So if you PurMineral Gods are listening again,   DO take heed!

It occured to me, that the only I haven't tried is Pur's mascara...was not sending it an oversight??? Maybe, maybe not. I went back to look up PurMineral's mascara reviews on both sites.  Lo and behold the only clumper clunker in the bunch.

Oh well!  Almost pur-fect, but,  I do think this well priced beauty collection, (available at Ulta and Dillards), comes awfully close.   My sister, recently  ordered directly from the website and took advantage of some of their value specials.  She is very pleased with her purchases and so, unfortunately, is my niece.  Apparently, she was quite enchanted with "enchanted" plumping lip gloss and mysteriously, it has vanished.

Hey Sis, if the PurMineral Gods are listening and a replacement comes my way, I'll give you  dibs.

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...