The Clock Stops Here...

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Second Chances


I remember a few years back, when Jergens blew up the beauty world, with Natural Glow. The concept, that a daily moisturizer infused with self tanner could provide a natural, gradual streak-free "tan", was received well, glowingly. While their competitors played catch-up, Natural Glow was perennially sold out, with pent up demand fueling hysteria...(well, mine).

When I finally got my hands (legs, arms, back) on it, I was horrified by the smell. Why was no one talking about the fact that the stuff smelled like Dow's Scrubbing Bubbles Bathroom Cleaner???. I never did realize my gradual tan, because I couldn't bear to use it twice.

I have Blogged about my friend Linda before. We speak in a staccato beauty language all our own, requiring few words. "Woman, look". A delicate turn of her ankle revealed she either zapped her spider veins or tried a new self tanner. It was the latter but Jergens. "Looking good. Smell"????..."Doable".

Good 'nuf for me!!! Off to CVS. I teetered momentarily between L'Oreals Sublime and Jergens Natural Glow Firming. Naturally, Firming won out. I will also confess to sneaking a mid-aisle sniff...Doable.

I am now 4 days in, and to my delight, I am brown as a peanut--everywhere, including the soles of my feet...not that I'm complaining. I will save that for future products that smell like janitorial supplies. Promise!

xox,
DD

2 comments:

  1. I, too, am giving Jergen's a second chance. It isn't as smelly this time around. But, it is still smelly. :( Therefore, I put it on before bed. Works that way. Smelly lotion on at night = nice fake tan in the day. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, less smelly, but for me significantly so! Worth it! I don't find it particularly moisturizing though, and it does not mix well with others. This is not doing double duty for me, I am still having to use moisturizer separately, either morning or night. Lets look forward to a more emollient, fragrance free version...now that would be something Kimberly!!

    xox,
    DD

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...