The Clock Stops Here...

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Thrill of the Hunt


How do I learn about new products??? For starters, I read a lot of Beauty Blogs. One of my favorite ways to quickly peruse them, is on MySkin.com. (The MySkin widget on my home page is updated as quickly as we publish them).

Though you may have your doubts, what I am really trying to do is find the Holy Grail of each product category, so I can look no further...Honest!!!

Case in Point: Mineral Bronzer. My goal is to find the one wonder, that can multi-task as a foundation and a bronzer. If I haven't yet found it from either class or mass brands, can I find it from the esoteric Christopher Drummond???

After reading a rave on Style Apothecary, I introduced myself to CD via email and requested a sample. I promptly received a cheery response and a sample, that I felt confident could at least bronze my forehead. I gingerly dipped my over sized bronzer brush into a container that could house a single St. Joseph baby aspirin. As promised, a little does go a long way...thank goodness.

Verdict?: OMG, this stuff is sensational!!! The silkiest finely milled powder. Gorgeous, semi-matte coverage, with just a hint of shimmer. The perfect hue that even sun kissed my sallow mid-February pallor. Love at first swipe. Was it long lasting as promised? You betcha, if you count still looking fresh after 16 hours, the same way I do. It may be a blessing, that it is only available as a loose powder. If it was made in a compact, as I would prefer, I might have a stroke.

Christopher Drummond is a former model and top makeup artist. His celebrity roster includes Jennifer Lopez, January Jones and Kimora Lee Simmons. Who wouldn't be crazy about this all-natural, organic line that infuses products with acai and green tea?

Panic set in, as I tried to calculate if I could frugally stretch the rest of the sample to last until I received my full sized order. I was tempted to buy his under eye concealer as well, which sounded both creamy and dreamy, but contained myself.

After all, I live for the thrill of hunt. One Holy Grail at a time.

xox,
DD

P.S. The Beauty Gods must be smiling on me...I placed this order on Monday afternoon and came home to my order from Christopher Drummond and a truly generous sample of his facial serum. I already have my H.G. skin serum, Skinceuticals C E Ferulic, but, hey, ya never know!!!

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...