The Clock Stops Here...

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Gifted


I often hear the same refrain from friends and family, "YOU are impossible to buy a gift for". Really???...Why??? Has Sephora stopped selling gift cards???!!!

If you truly know and love me, this, in any denomination, makes my heart flutter. The joy of a gift card is the license to splurge on something even I think is extravagant.

Case in point: I have visited the Guerlain display before, trying to rationalize away the desire to spend $53.00 on face powder. On my own dime, not a chance!!! Gift card in hand, I am Kim Kardashian.

Receiving Guerlain's Meteorites Poudre pour le Visage, would put a smile on any beauty mavens face. The packaging is so pretty: a round, gold and pink cabana, that looks like something Jeannie would have lived in, on vacation. Inside, a kaleidoscope of powder balls in pink, raspberry, creme, gold, apricot and coral nestle together, looking sweet enough to eat. I love swirling them together, with a big Kabuki brush, as the last step in my morning maquillage. Tout suite, a quiet glow emerges, from ear to ear, (especially since I include my earlobes). A lasting finish, that keeps my make up fresh, literally, all day. I can't ever imagine getting down to the last perles. Making a great case for beauty amortization, I imagine I will be using this (free) purchase for the next 5 years.

Se magnifique!!!

So Dear, I know you peruse my Blog now and again...I hope you see this one. For Valentine's Day, skip the roses or the chocolates, a gift card to Sephora is truly the way to my heart, (unless of course you visited a jewelry store...then the above is null and void).

Happy Snow Day to my readers in the Northeast and Happy Valentines Day too.

xox,
DD

2 comments:

  1. my Birthday was acouple of days ago and guess what my mom bought me? A gift card to Sephora, You can never go wrong with that haha
    -Alexandria

    www.eyeswdeopen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Happy Birthday!!!
    Have the fun is just perusing the aisles and sampling all the goodies...the proverbial "kid in a candy store".

    Good choice Mama! Enjoy it!!!

    xox,
    DD

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...