The Clock Stops Here...

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sealed With a Kiss


I have been on a long Rimmel London roll, one of my favorite drugstore brands. I am almost always happy with the quality/cost ratio of their products.

Their latest foray, is a new entrant into the liquid long last lip color and gloss category, that promises 10 hours of wear. I jumped at the opportunity to sample it. If someone ever figures out how to tattoo a permanent tawny rose lip color on me, without pain or risk of ending up looking a Colombian newscaster, I would seriously consider it. Does re-applying lipstick count as a hobby??? It certainly takes up a good chunk of my life.

I have yet to find a two phase long lasting Lip gloss (color on one side shellac on the other to bring it to life), that didn't hermetically seal my lips...unfortunately, I still haven't found it. Rimmel London's Lasting Finish Kiss & Stay Lip gloss, comes in 12 appealing shades. As with most long lasting lip glosses and stains, they appear darker than the packaging, so consider going one shade lighter than your instinctive pick.

The color I received, English Rose, was quite pretty in the tube, but a little brighter than I wear on my lips. Within a minute of applying it, I felt the need to breathe out of my nose...lip lock, for sure. The top coat has visible iridescent pearls, "crystal shine" so I was hoping to lighten up a bit. Unfortunately, it also had the texture of Vicks VapoRub.

Can this product be saved??? Absolutely!!! Loathe as I am admit it, I can't imagine life without lip liner...Maybe Lasting Finish Kiss & Stay could pull 10 hour liner duty for me instead. I didn't imagine any tugging issues around just the lip border and I like the way it accentuates the vermilion, (the Cupid's bow) above the upper lip. I finished it with lipstick and a touch of gloss and it is sealed put. Goody!

Would I purchase it myself to use just as a lip liner??? You bet!!! I like the idea of "off label" use. If I ever get around to finally test driving Preparation H around my crows feet, y'all will be the first to know...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...